Chap. 22 (Extra) - "It Can't Be Helped"

"Hm. I see. However, I am a bit concerned about your report."

Philia: "Which part?"

"The Purgatory Dragon. I understand why you, Philia, would leave it alone, but that is still not something I can take too lightly of. Arron, I'm increasing your reward. Immediately attacking a Purgatory Dragon the moment you laid your eyes on it is... I would've done the same."

Arron: "Thank you, Guildmaster."

Philia: "Oh well. I should've expected this."

"Philia. I'll be tasking you to look for that Purgatory Dragon you set free."

Philia: "Huh? Why?"

"You let it go. It's your responsibility."

Philia: "What? But, I already told you that they're not going to be a threat. In fact, we can even ask their help as powerful reinforcements to counter against the other races."

"Don't count on it. It may still act hostile towards us humans. After all, you were about to cut its head off when you first saw it."

Philia: "But, that wasn't me. That was Arron."

"Regardless, I will still put all responsibility to you if that dragon ever does something out of the line. That's exactly why you need to go back there and deal with him."

Philia: "Deal with him? With all due respect, guildmaster, but I could never harm the life who saved mine."

"And, when exactly did I tell you to harm it?"

Philia: "Ah..."

Arron: "What he means is, you could go and make that dragon your familiar or something."

Philia: "F-familiar?! I already decided long ago that I would never take the free will of others as my own. I can't take ownership of it just for my own selfish gain."

Arron: "What are you talking about? If it becomes your familiar, you can just let it run free if you want it to. Besides, if it ever does something wrong, you'll be the one who gets the hammer."

Philia: "But... but, that's... if I die, it will die too. The lives of familiars are tied to their master's. That's the same as chaining it. I can't find it in myself to do something like that."

"I will still task you to go back there and deal with it. How you do it is up to you. This is a direct order of the guildmaster. The mere existence of a Purgatory Dragon in our midst and so near us is already of great concern."

Philia: "Oh, fine then. I can go back and ask him to give me one of his scales and prove to you that they're friendly."

Arron: "Want me to go with you?"

Philia: "No need. I can do this myself. I'll be going now."

Philia leaves the room and closes the door.

"As for you, Arron. There's this quest I'd like you to take."

Arron: "I'm all ears, Master Hughes."

==========================
(Meanwhile...)

==========================

Philia: "Gah! Why can't they see what I see?! Those creatures aren't any threat, I'm sure of it!"

Philia started walking around the woods, looking for the any familiar landmarks where she ended up in the cave.

Philia: "I think... it was this way."