Chap. 10 - "Against a Powerful Foe"

I face the ice demon head on. Releasing black flames from the soles of my feet, I rocketed myself at it and, covering my head with black flames, I headbutted its stomach. The ice demon got pushed away from the force, but just as I thought, that didn't even make a tiny crack on its ice-like body. The male human jumped pass over me and held up his sharp-curvy thing.

Arron: "Sickle of Revenge, Avenger!"

A powerful aura started covering the sharp-curvy thing that the male human was holding. He swung it down at the ice demon's head. It didn't slice through. Instead, the ice demon's head got pummeled to the ground. That only proves how tough it is that even trying to cut it from the the top of the skull doesn't crack its ice-like body.

The impact when the ice demon's head collided with the ground was huge. That male human is quite strong. But, even with the strength to make an impact that big, it hardly did anything other than sinking its head to the ground.

The ice demon got up without any problems. The human girl went in close. Really close.

Philia: "Espada Runar!"

Her arm, hand, and her sharp thing became a blur. Yet, I felt different shifts of the air in between the human girl and the ice demon. Is she... thrusting her sharp thing at the ice demon at a speed that even I couldn't see? Though, it doesn't look like it's doing much damage. Blistering speed is in a level of its own, but without power, it can't deal damage even if it hits.

The ice demon is getting slower. Do the hits of her sharp-thing add in some kind of effect that slows down whatever it hits? The ice demon's movements are getting sluggish. Now's my chance. I move in close. The other human also moved in close. Guess he got the same idea.

Arron: "Execution Ground!"

Just like the girl, the human male's sharp-curvy thing started getting blurry. And then, everything around him was sliced apart. There are slash marks on the ground where he's standing, and rocks everywhere are getting divided piece by piece into minced parts. This guy can also enter a speed that I can't reach? I may lose in terms of speed, but I've got the advantage when it comes to power.

"Inferno Rule!"

I clamped both my claws and a scorching flame came at the ice demon from its right, left, front, back, and above and below it. The ice demon is bombarded with the pressure from my flames and the speed of the humans' attacks. The cave itself is shaking. These three mega moves created an impact ten times more powerful than when I hatched from my egg. The cave expanded four times in size. The walls and ceiling continue to fall apart.

Garg? Where's Garg? I look behind me, and see Garg covering himself with his wings to block falling debris.

"Garg!"

I run over to Garg. The two humans also took cover elsewhere. I ignore the falling rocks and rush to where Garg is. When I arrived, I waited for the cave to settle in along with Garg. Once it finally settles, Garg fell right on top of me.

"Garg! Garg! Get it together!"

Garg: "S-... sorry... Boss... Can... hardly... hear... your voice."

Is his ears so damaged that he can't hear me right? Or, is it just clogged because of all that blood?

"Hey! Human! Get over here! Get over here now!"

The human girl heard me and immediately rushed to us.

Philia: "We're very sorry for doing this you. I'll do my best to heal him."

"You better."

The human girl placed her palms on Garg's ears and light glowed from it. However, when we thought everything calmed down, the air started to get cold again. Don't tell me...! I turned around, and just as I thought, the ice demon got back on its feet.

Arron: "What the-...?! It still got up after all that?!"

Immediately after the human finished his sentence, I was already on top of the ice demon with claws wide open and ready to strike. I'm not just gonna stand around in awe like you humans if I can use that time to make a preemptive strike. However, the ice demon slapped me with the back of his claw and I got hurled to the side of the cave. When I hit the cave wall, piles of rubble fell down on me.

Haha... Deep down, I've already known from the start. From the moment this freak showed up, I knew that it was dangerous. I jump out of the rubble and rushed at the ice demon again. I stuck myself at its head. Though I don't really know what would happen if burn myself with my own fire... I don't care what happens to me at this point. As long as the rest of my family are alive, I don't care if I become ash myself. I'll gladly burn myself... for their sakes! I'll burn you along with me!

A large ring of red and black fire engulfed both me and the ice demon. The fire extended upwards and burned through the ceiling. The ceiling is falling apart for good. The tiny light that leaked out from the top of the rock tower expanded, lighting up the whole cave. I've never seen the cave get enlightened before. All the different colors overlapping the dullness of the dark cave are so new to me. It's a shame that I have to see it while inside my own fire. I can't quite see it clearly.

The ice demon grabs my claw and the heat around it is decreasing. Is he cancelling out my flames with his ice? I won't let you! I strengthened my fire power. The ice demon also strengthened its freezing power. We were in a stalemate... until...

Cocytus: "These are... purgatory flames...?!"

He lets go of my claw and puts his palm in front of my face.

Cocytus: "You are coming with me."

That was the last thing I heard before everything around me turned white.