Avenue to Exes

Jess P.O.V

I stared. "My sister, the earth elemental, was a botanist in a place where she met my future husband and crew mate, while she went through a breakup?" I ask them both with incredulity. They nod, smirking at me. "You are infuriating!" I mutter. "And someone actually upset you to the point of rom-coms and chick flicks? I'm going to kill them." Shelby stares at me. "Sis," she starts, speaking slowly. "Bee isn't even here! Neither is Del, but Dylan has dibs on murdering him with mostly words. And anyway, I've moved on." I stare and shake my head. "Moved on! That doesn't give you a reason to defend your cheating scum of an ex! And you say Bee, but was Bee male or female. I won't judge, just want to know how much force I'd have to put into breaking their bones." I say cheerfully. Shelby stares. "Female." Graser supplies, seeing that Shelby isn't going to be moving from her position anytime soon. "I'm sorry, why was I brought out here?" Will questioned. Shelby blushed. She Blushed. My extremely introverted sister blushed at something my husbands best friend said. I smirked at her at wiggled my eyebrows, before turning to him and giving him and answer. "Honestly, I wanted a mediator in case this went horribly wrong. Knowing my husband and the explosiveness of my sister, it was likely, very likely." Will smiled at me and responded. "Well then, If my services are not needed, then I'll just go back inside." He started moving, before Dante comes up to me. "Lady Aphmau! There is another group of people at the gates! They insist that their mayor is here and that they are trying to find her. One of them in the front, he was wearing a yeti suit, was saying that he needed his partner back, and through means of a third party they had discovered she was here." Shelby, Graser, and Will had started openly gaping at the description. Shelby straightened up before smirking and giving the three of us an announcement. "Well the Avenue needs its mayor, and Liam must have been hard-pressed with work without me." She jerks her head a Will and Graser and leans in to tell me something. "The Avenue is at the gates, and with that, my ex. Come with me, not just as the Lord of Phoenix Drop welcoming them to the gates, but as my sister, wanting to know which of them was the one who broke my heart. Get Dylan." She added as an afterthought to tell me to get him. I rolled my eyes and walked inside. I took a breath and walked up to Dylan. "According to my guards, the Avenue is at the gates." At the funny look he gave me I tacked on something else. "Shelby told me. She is my sister. Rom-coms and chick flicks for two brokenhearted idiots, huh." At that he stiffened, before nodding quickly. "I'm coming." I nod at him before walking out, Dylan in tow. Shelby spots the two of us and gestures us forwards. We walked the five of us to the gates. Me at the front with Graser then Will fanned on one side and Shelby then Dylan on the other. I walked up to the gates, hearing audible gasps from the other side and questioned the one in the yeti suit who I assumed to be Liam. "Who are you and why are you at the gates of my village? Are you from O'kasis, come to wage war on my village and our allies?" He seemed startled before recovering. "My name is Liam." So I was right to assume that this was Liam, then. "I am the acting mayor of the Avenue, until our real mayor has been found. Behind me are those that live in the Avenue, of whom want to see their mayor found. We were informed by a third party that claimed to be an enchantress that she was currently residing at these coordinates for the time being." I was surprised. He seems very cordial, though I would have thought he wouldn't be. Though he seems to be straining to keep this mask, this air of amiability, completely opaque. I smiled. "You seem very dedicated to this official you claim to be your mayor. Mayors are elected, and as such are replaced. If she has been gone for some time, then why has she not been replaced in this cycle of democracy?" He reeled back, before adjusting his composure and giving a statement. "She was re-elected right before she disappeared. We have all decided that she will regain her position when she comes back." When, not if. I smile. They have such faith in my sister, that which will likely be broken. "Dante, open the gates and let only their acting mayor in. I have been told of the Avenue from my sister and husband, but I do not trust that they will not tear apart Phoenix Drop if they think we are hiding their mayor from them." Dante nods down at me an opens the gate just enough to let Liam through, then closes it before anyone else could come through. Shelby steps forwards, shoots me a look, then addresses Liam. "Liam, from what I see, you have done well as acting mayor. I would, however, be partial to, say, taking my position back, no?" She smirks at him, and he stares back. "Hey Shub Hub, you broke him." I tease her. "Nah, he broke himself, I just scattered the pieces." She joked back. We both laugh, hard. Graser steps forwards and starts speaking to the both of us. "Shelby, if he broke himself, then is that why I've won more uno games?" Will comes forwards. "That's just you relentlessly playing by yourself, Grase." The four of us share a look, before we burst out laughing, again. Liam seems to snap out of his stupor. "Shelby, Will, Graser?" he whispers. Graser grins that stupid grin that I almost never saw as a pirate but that I love. "Surprise, H." And Liam is a fish. At the gates a girl wearing a bee costume steps up. I'm assuming that this is Bee, from the glare that Shelbs levels at her. "Shelby! It's Bee, I'm sorry, I came back. Please." Shelby looks at her and sneers. "No." Bee reels back and a man moves forwards. From The sharp intake of breath that Dylan gives, I assume that this is Del. "Delphron." Shelby sneer/snarks at him, confirming my theory. I step forwards. "So," I start, turning to Bee. "You're the one who broke my sister's heart. That is something you'll pay for." I then turn to Delphron. "And you helped. The two of you broke my sister into a million pieces. Not only my sister, but also my crew mate, my right hand." I stepped back, as a confused look came on their faces. Dylan stepped forwards, and the two of them took a sharp intake of breath. He smiled cruelly. "Hello Del, Bee." He says nodding to each of them in turn. "Dylan." Del whispers. He ignores him. "Thank ye fer the kind words Captn'" he salutes me. I nod. "At ease, mate." He drops the salute and turns his gaze to the two of them. 

A/N Hey guys! Sorry about the year long hiatus, I've had some s**t going on in my life recently, but I also don't really know where to take this fic. I had a direction when I started, but I have deviated from that quite a bit already, and I no longer know what to do. I know that I've taken this down and republished this fic already and even now I'm not very happy with the results, though it's better than it was. I need ideas, so if you could give me some in the comments, that would be great, that is, if anybody even still reads this fic.

~Frostygirl04