Magic of Sisters

Jess P.O.V.

That took more out of me then I thought it would. Gods, marking someone with indigo is hard enough, but two? I wasn't sure if I would be able to do that. I dispel the sword, and gently come down to the ground. I sway slightly, but Grazer and my sisters are there to help me. One of the girls from the Avenue lets out a cackle. "That was glorious. H said we couldn't do anything to them until Shelby and Dylan got a chance to, but I've been wanting to do something like that for so long." she says. H rolls his eyes. "Meghan, Shelby and Dylan had first crack because they're the ones Del and Bee cheated on. You know that's why I said no to cursing them." The girl, Meghan apparently, sighs. "I know, H. But it would have been so satisfying if I could." She bats her eyes innocently. Liam snorts. "I've known you for over 15 years Meghan, I know you aren't innocent so don't even try that with me." Shelby giggles. "This is highly entertaining. I forgot how much fun it was to watch H and Meghan argue." Liam and Meghan smile at her. "We missed you so much, Shelby." H said. She moves from her place at my side to hug him, and I stagger. Her magic, the one she doesn't even know is there, was holding me together. Suddenly I'm exhausted. "Jess!" Graser and Claire exclaim. Shelby turns back, concerned, and gasps. "Jessie?" she whispers, reaching towards me. I close my eyes and feel her magic wash over me, but I'm sure she doesn't know she's using it.

"Extende in profundam animam soror mea, et invenies quod vires noscant."(Reach deep soul sister, and find that which powers us.) I say to her, my voice raspy. Claire and Graser stare, concerned, but Shelby only startles and nods, closing her eyes. "Anima mea Memphiae, tuaque Irenes. Ad te venio, anima soror. Sanentur vulnera tua in virtute mea."(My soul is that of Memphia, and yours of Irene. I reach for you, soul sister. May your wounds be healed by the power that lays within me.) She speaks, eyes glowing beneath her eyelids. I can feel some strength return to me, but a very little amount. "Multos ago, Memphiae ensis, nam insita magica claudentur meo spiritui tuo."(Many thanks, sword of Memphia, for the grafts on my spirit be closed with your magic.) I respond to her, my eyes now also glowing. "Noli iam dolere, anima soror. Quod laedit te solum in memoria eris."(Be in pain no longer, soul sister. That which harms you will exist only in memory.) Her voice has taken on an echoing quality and she has opened her eyes. The glow is a pale blue where mine is lavender. "Anima mea et magia grata sunt, soror mea."(My soul and magic are grateful, sister mine.) I say, sinking into a curtsey. "Magica mea libera est, soror animae meae. Tibi gratias ago pro illo."(My magic is free, sister of my soul. I thank you for that.) She says, going into her own curtsey. "Can you speak English, sisters mine?" Claire buts in. We turn to her and say, "Nos Irenes et Memphiae sumus. Magia est vocis elocutionis, et potentissima in sermone antiquorum locutio."(We are of Irene and Memphia. Magic is of the spoken word, and spoken words are most powerful in the language of the ancients.) in unison. Claire blinks. "I don't know what you just said, but I'll take that as a no." Shelby and I dip our heads to her, and continue. "Sponte tua magica libera est anima mea soror."(Your magic is free of your own accord, my soul sister.) "Et tu sanaris adiuvando magicam meam, sic tua sponte, anima mea soror mea."(And you are healed through helping my magic, thus your own accord, my soul sister.) "Tum haesimus, Memphiae gladius."(Then we are at a standstill, sword of Memphia.) "Apparet nos Irenes gladius."(It appears that we are, sword of Irene.) We stare at each other for a moment, then speak together once again. "Sanamus omnes nosmetipsos et nos omnes qui laborant. Animae sumus sorores ex Memphia et Irene factae. Sanguine sorores sumus, deorum posteris nati. Nos huius viculi claustrum potentiae ac potentiae aurae indicum insignivimus. Gladius Irenes et Gladius Memphiae sumus. Di nos benedicant ut videant."(We heal eachother and ourselves of all that ails us. We are soul sisters made from Memphia and Irene. We are blood sisters, born to the descendents of the gods. We power the barrier of this village and power the auras of the indigo marked. We are the Sword of Irene and the Sword of Memphia. May the gods bless us as they may see fit.) We intone, now glowing with auras of red and indigo, as well as our lavender and pale blue. I feel a rush of power and close my eyes, breathing in deeply to allow it to flow. I hear a small gasp, and I'm sure it came from Shelby. The power blanket falls, and I am steady on my feet again. "Multas gratias, anima mea, soror mea."(Many thanks, my soul sister.) "Tu quoque, soror animae meae."(You as well, sister of my soul.)