Prologue

"I don't trust nobody, and nobody trusts me."
Taylor Swift, Look What You Made Me Do

When I was small, I liked the cold. It was only because of the fact that hiding underneath a theatre always was freezing. However, as I grew older, I began to hate it. It was like my Father; unforgiving, shocking, and had no mercy.

I joined a team. I found what I thought was a family. I thought I was in a place where I could finally trust people.
But I found with it, complications. I experienced feelings I'd never had before for a certain teammate of mine. However, after New year's Eve, two weeks later he started to date Zatanna. I said I was fine. I said it was ok, it's his choice.

But it wasn't.

I liked him all the more, as I watched him grow. He broke up and got together with two more girls. Again, I was watching.

I had to endure it, over and over.
And in the end, it got to my fighting.
I was on a mission, on my own, and I had insisted on it being a solo mission too.

The teammate I liked had tried to persuade me to let him come with me, but I made it clear I wanted to do this alone. It was a mistake. I got the flash drive I was looking for. I tossed it into my boat, from the window.
But then the fort exploded. All I felt was pain, blinding pain. I could feel the flames burning me, as I went limp in the window sill. Death, perhaps, was not as quick as I'd thought it was.

But, if I was dead, I had died peacefully, knowing I wouldn't have to look at Dick's face anymore.

Thanks for messing with my feelings, Grayson.

A/N: welcome to this book guys! This is a sequel, so if you haven't read that, it's called Cracking an Enigma. But go ahead and read this one if you just wanna skip. Constructive criticism is gratefully received!