Chapter Four: Secrets, Secrets

"And I'm talking to myself at night, because I can't forget."
The White Stripes, Seven Nation Army

I'M NOT GOING TO FINISH WHAT I said in the last chapter, if that's what you're thinking.
Nightwing instead decided to drag me off to Blüdhaven, where he said that, "All would be clear."

"It's too bloody early in the morning for this," I whined, "four am. Really?"

"Twentieth of March," he added. Then he just stared at me for a bit.

Rude?...

"Uh, Earth to Nightwing?" I asked, waving a hand in front of his face. We were inside a derelict warehouse, hiding behind a stack of crates.

"Sorry," he shook his head, and smiled at me fondly. "I'm just still trying to process the fact that you're here. You were gone for so long..."

"I know," I mumbled, "awfully sorry."

"What do you have to be sorry about?" He questioned, taking ahold of my hand. "I should have found you sooner."

"Don't beat yourself up," I replied, squeezing his hand. "After all, I'm here now, right?"

"Yeah," he leaned in a little closer.

Wait, wait, wait, I'm not ready for this yet.

I placed a hand on his chest, and gently shoved him away. "Now is not the time, Grayson,"

He slowly nodded. He then stepped out, and whispered, "Wally?"

Wally? Wally's gonna be here?

"No."

I peeked my head out, to see who'd said that, and almost had a heart attack when Kaldur stepped out from behind some boxes. Without a second thought, I whipped out my gun.

"Em!" Nightwing placed a hand on my shoulder, and made me lower it. "It's ok. Just wait,"

I kept my gaze on Kaldur, until none other than Wally West stepped out from behind another set of boxes. When he saw me, he literally screamed. "Holy crud!" He yelled, pointing a finger at me.

"Funny," I mused, "you look like you've hardly aged a day, Wallman..."

He rushed towards me, and scooped me up into a hug. "Care to explain how Emilia is alive?" Kaldur addressed Dick, as I was being suffocated.

"Please!" Wally added. "Not that it's bad, I just want to know!"

"You can put me down now," I mumbled, my face burried in his ginger hair.

"She was captured on her last mission. We got a tip off from Dmitri Brookston, that she was in a freeze in the Himalayas, so we sent a rescue team, and... Well, there you go." He gestured to me. I said something incoherent.
From behind another set of crates, emerged another figure, with a hood. When it pulled the fabric away, I had another shock.

Artemis Crock.

I pointed a finger, and struggled in Wally's arms. "What the bloody hell?!"

"Right. I can explain..." Nightwing said warily, staring at my kicking body.

"I take it out ruse was successful?" Kaldur asked.

"Ruse?!" I asked in disbelief.

"Almost too successful," Nightwing replied. "The team and the league are in mourning. They may never forgive us,"

What the actual hell is going on.

"And still only us four know the secret," Kaldur said, glancing at everyone.