Chapter Three: Back On Board

"I remember when I lost my mind."
Gnarls Barkley, Crazy

I KNOW, I KNOW. Jumping straight back into a mission, right after I came back from the dead, wasn't the smartest choice. But it wasn't like I was rusty, the last operation I ran was still fresh in my head, like it was yesterday.

Besides, I was desperate to kick some butt, maybe get my anger out while I was at it.
I was mooching around in the kitchen, not quite sure to do with myself, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see the new Robin.

"You said you wanted to know what happened to the second Robin," he mumbled, scratching the back of his head. I could tell he was feeling awkward.

"Yes..." I sputtered out, "he and I were pretty close."

That wasn't a lie, not by a long shot. I really liked Jason, because he'd had a past not too dissimilar from mine, being kicked around from a young age, as well as the death of his mother. He'd taken an instant interest in me, and soon we were talking to each other a lot. I think this made Dick jealous, but he was dating a girl called Barbra Gordon, so he could suck it.

I occasionally talked with Jason's best friend, Samantha Heath, also known as the 'other Batgirl'. I wasn't quite sure who the other Batgirl was, the only thing I knew was that she worked on the team full time. Samantha did small jobs, and spent most of her time in Gotham, with Jason and Batman.

Robin looked around, paranoid, before lowering his voice to say, "I'm sorry, but... Jason's dead."

I froze, definitely not expecting that. I leaned heavily against the counter. Robin gave me a sympathetic look.

"I don't know much about it. If you want more information, then you'll have to ask Samantha. She was Jason's best friend."

I nodded, still shocked.

"If you want to know who I am, I'm Tim Drake," he smiled at me.

"You didn't need to tell me," I said softly.

"It's ok. Dick said that you two were close."

I smiled sadly, remembering all of our rants. "Yeah, we were."

"Or as he put it, too close."

My head snapped up, and I frowned. "What?"

Excuse me? So he's been sharing his unreasonable opinions?

Robin shrugged, "I think he was jealous."

Pffft. Don't make me laugh, he was well catered for.

"Well, he was dating Barbra Gordon, so he should have been satisfied," I scoffed, folding my arms.

"Really?" Robin asked, looking surprised. "Well, he is a playboy. Apparently after you died, he went through five more girls. And those are only people he officially dated."

What.

That really was a slap in the face.

And he has the nerve to look at me that way, after he dated seven girls? This boy is unhinged.

My thoughts were interrupted, when I heard something I thought I wouldn't hear. The computer announced Artemis.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

"Artemis!" M'gann ran over to her. I surveyed from behind the fridge. I knew I'd probably give her a heart attack if I just showed up out of thin air.

Weird. It looks like she hasn't aged a day. Dick on the other hand... Wow.

"M'gann! Superboy!" Artemis said, greeting both of them happily.