First Meeting

It's been a year since Louis and Harry moved in. Zayn and Louis became closer. Even though Zayn was much younger, he liked spending time with Mr. Tomlinson, who was always funny and energetic. Harry worked all the time, but sometimes the two families had movie nights at one of the houses.

     Zayn was eleven now. He concentrated on his drawing skills and everybody could see his natural talent. He was going to be a great artist one day. Other than that, he was also a good reader.

     He was outside, reading a book when he noticed Mr. Tomlinson coming closer.

"Good morning, Mr. Tomlinson. How are you?"

"Morning, lad. I am pretty good, but I need your help. Are you free? I can just come back later."

"No, no, it's ok. How can I help?"

"Well, you are really good at drawing and I am decorating the guest room right now. And if I do not ask for your help, the room may be nominated as the most ridiculously ugly room in the city."

"You will allow me to draw on your walls?" Zayn asked excitedly. It doesn't happen every day and he always wanted to sketch on the walls. But, of course, there are rules in his house.

"Yes, that's exactly what I am gonna do. Come on. I have all the materials, so we just need you."

     Zayn followed Louis to the guest room on the second floor. The room only had four or five pieces of furniture that were covered. He could figure out a closet and a shelf. But there was no bed. And there were two unfamiliar objects on the other side of the room. The walls were light blue and the room was filled with the scent of the fresh paint.

"What am I going to draw, Mr. Tomlinson?"

"Here," Louis handed him a book, a very familiar one.

"Can you draw this on this side? The paints and brushes are right here."

"Okay, I will be done in an hour," Zayn answered with a smile.

"Thanks, bud. You can't imagine how much you helped me today. I am gonna go to the kitchen. I have to prepare some stuff for later. Tell me if you need anything, yeah?"

"Okay."

     With that Louis went downstairs, leaving Zayn with the book. Zayn looked down to the book with a kind smile. It was his favorite, and he spent so many days, reading and rereading the tale. After having his moment of nostalgia, he took the brush and began working on the painting. His experienced hands were even more careful with every single line, knowing how meaningful the painting was for both himself and Mr. Tomlinson. After an hour of the brush's movements, the paint's etherizing scent, and Zayn's concentrated eyes, the drawing was done.

 After an hour of the brush's movements, the paint's etherizing scent, and Zayn's concentrated eyes, the drawing was done

     Zayn examined it, totally satisfied with his work. Not only was he allowed to draw on a wall, but he had to draw a picture he loves with his whole heart. The Little Prince was always a part of him, no matter how many years passed since the first time he read it.