Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold

After they wished Louis good luck, Zayn led Liam back to the room that he shared with Perrie and Niall. They entered the room hand-in-hand and Zayn remembered that he still had some essays to check.

Perrie was sitting on the couch with Niall, waiting for his boyfriend. Let's say she really hoped that Louis and Harry would take their kid with them and maybe then Zayn would concentrate on her.

- Lili, come here, love. - She said, opening her arms sweetly. At least Liam would be ripped off Zayn for a freaking second. Too much to ask?! She hated him but had to seem loving and caring. Being nice to Liam is the way to win Zayn's heart.

Instead of running to her as she planned, Liam hid under Zayn's arm and clutched on his shirt. Something was fake and mocking in Perrie's actions. It just didn't feel right and trustworthy. And that frightened him.

Zayn and Niall laughed at the boy's childishness, while Perrie sat there surprised, her arms still open.

- Aaaawww, I don't share my special boy with anyone, right Li? - Zayn cooed and picked the younger boy up.

He walked to the desk and set him in his lap, pecking his head. With one arm he was giving feedback to the papers, the other one wrapped protectively around the boy.

Liam rested his head on Zayn's shoulder, drawn back to his thoughts. His father was going to present his book and become a successful published author. Years later people would talk about the famous Louis Tomlinson and he would be the beloved novelist's son and one of the few people that knew the real Louis better than he knows himself.

Zayn was in the middle of his work when he felt Liam's breathing turn heavier and even. He glanced down at him and an overwhelming smile appeared on his lips. When the curly-haired boy was sleeping, he looked like an angel - precious and pure.

He carefully carried him to his room, making sure not to wake him and letting Liam nuzzle his head into his neck.

- Zayn. What are you doing? - He heard Niall whispering to him.

- Li is asleep. I should put him in bed.

- Yeah, I can see that. But he is sleeping with me, remember? - Niall reminded him.

- What? Why? He's sta... Oh, crap! Perrie! I totally forgot about her.

- Well, aren't you the perfect boyfriend? - Niall chuckled and took Liam's sleeping figure from Zayn's strong arms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Zayn woke up early, cause he wanted to enjoy the last day before driving back home.

He entered the other room, letting Perrie sleep, and chuckled at the two figures that were snuggled into each other like kittens. On one hand, he wished it was him in Niall's place at that moment. On the other, he was glad Liam found another good friend that would never let anyone hurt him.

- Wake up, you, snuggle buddies! - He called and threw a pillow right onto the Irishman's peaceful face.

- Heeyy! What have I ever done to youuu? - Niall whined but didn't move as Liam was still asleep.

- Come on! We're leaving at 4. Let's go skiing before that. - He said, shaking him.

- Fine, - Niall scoffed and didn't miss the opportunity to roll his eyes dramatically.

- Leeeyuum! Wake up, bub! We have a lot of having-fun to do! - Zayn sing-sang.

- You sure you're an English professor? - Niall asked, raising his eyebrow.