It is Only Through the Heart that One Can See Rightly

"I'm sorry." He whispered and walked to the other side of the room, sitting down on the window-stand and leaving Liam, who was dizzily leaning against the door, alone.

     Liam, still not able to overcome the shock, looked at him, his eyes wide. Never has he felt so much tension towards his friend. Now he knew that each step he takes would mean a lot more than before. He couldn't be the same careless kid.

     Zayn, on the other hand, couldn't forgive himself for losing his control. He knew he scared the boy away and now, he couldn't even look into his brown eyes.

     The awkward silence between them was too much to tolerate for the curly-haired boy. It's him and Zayn, after all. It should be so simple, so easy. He blushed, remembering how good he felt. He never thought he'd liked the idea of kissing. At that age, it seems cheesy and gross. Well, except for his parents. But, now his lips were craving for more. He decided to betray his sweet and shy personality and be brave and confident at the moment.

     He just walked to Zayn, not caring about the circumstances of his actions, and climbed in front of him. Zayn looked at him, glad to see the smile on Liam's face instead of hatred and disgust. Liam leaned his face closer, giving him a light kiss on the lips. Imagining how foolish he looked at the moment, he giggled, the air leaving his mouth tickling Zayn's skin. Zayn fondly shook his head at the adorable mush-ball and pressed his head closer with the help of his inked hand. He moved his lips slowly, making the kiss sweet and loving, but full of passion and neediness. They pulled away, giggling. Zayn straightened his position so that he was sitting right beside Liam, their legs playfully kicking and tangling each other. Liam leaned into his side and they sat there silently, neither one wanting to break the harmony that found its way into the room. Zayn looked down to his friend and his lips curled into a soft smile. Nothing else mattered to him anymore. The age difference, the gender, the possible disappointment, the fact that he was still Liam's teacher, the other people's opinions, the risks... the only thing that mattered was Liam, and only Liam.

     It seemed so obvious now. That day he first met the two-year-old boy, that was the first time he ever felt so warm and protective towards anybody. Liam's mind was drawn back to his childhood too. He was always so attached and clingy to his friend. He was just too young to understand his feelings. This is how it should be - comfortable and safe.

     Taking a deep breath - one that you need before taking life-changing steps - Zayn nudged Liam's side and smirked

"So, what do you say to adding a couple of letters to our titles?"

"As in?" Liam asked, not getting the idea.

     Zayn's smirk melted into a heartwarming smile and he spoke in a smooth voice.

"As in we become soulmates and not mates?"

     Liam grinned at him as if it was the most natural thing. No doubts traveled through his curly head. No doubts existed, when it came to Zayn.