Saving Veronica & Family Drama

Dean Ambrose

I was with Joe, Colby, Jojo, and Veronica in The Shield locker room. The Shield was making the in-ring return.

Veronica was coming with us. Joelle was gonna be with the divas. Tamina is Joe's cousin so we know Jojo will be safe. And Naomi is Joe's cousin in law since shes married to Joe's cousin, Jon/Jimmy.

Myself, Joe, and Colby were ready and we saw Veronica in black leggings, a Hounds of Justice t-shirt, black flat boots, and her hair was down and straight with her makeup done.

She was playing with Joelle on the couch. They were playing patty-cake. I look at Joe and he was smiling. I can tell he loves seeing Veronica being so good with Jojo.

"You ready?" Colby asks.

"Yup." Veronica says.

She got up but had a struggle.

"Here." Joe says, helping her up.

Colby and I watched. He started playing with Jojo and Veronica laughed. They looked like a family.

"What do you think, man?" Colby asks, reading my mind.

"He defiantly has growing feelings. I'm just scared he's gonna hurt her by denying them. He hasn't even looked at another woman since Galina." I say.

He nods. We leave and drop Jojo off with Tamina and Naomi. We leave and see that our match was against Randy, Batista, and Kane. Shit. Kane.

I saw a flash of worry on Veronica's face. I pull her into a hug. She hugs back.

"He isn't gonna touch you, Veronica. Not while we're out there. Your father may be a jackass but we all know when it comes to you, he has a soft spot." I say.

She nods.

Sierra. Hotel. India. Echo. Lima. Delta... Shield.

"Hold my hand and stay close on the way down the stairs." Joe tells Veronica and she nods.

She holds his hand and we walk down the stairs. Colby... Me... Then Joe and Veronica.

"And their opponents, being accompanied by Veronica Helmsley, the team of Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Roman Reigns... The Shield!!" Lillian announces.

Joe kept Veronica close to him and then we all helped her over the barricade.

"Stay by us." Colby says and she nods.

We got in the ring and the bell rings.

~Towards end of match~

All of us were down.

Joe was at ringside since he'd been rammed into the steal steps by Randy.

I was on the floor against the barricade since I had hit the suicide dive on Batista and Randy.

Colby was on the opposite side of Joe cuz Kane had rammed him into the other steal steps. I was weak but I was able to keep my eyes open. Colby and Joe were moving. That's good. Roman was on his back, looking my way.

I look around and.... Wait a minute... Oh shit.

Kane looked at Veronica. She froze. Fear rushing over her. Not because she's scared for herself. Because she's scared for her baby.

She started backing up as Kane followed her.

"Joe!" I say.

He looks at me. I nod towards Veronica and Kane. He rolls into his side and froze. He sees Veronica in fear. Colby was even trying to rush to his feet.