Do What Your Heart Tells You

Roman Reigns

I wake up and see Veronica still asleep. I can't believe I kissed her last night. Don't get me wrong, I liked it. I loved it. But.... I can't do it. I swore to never fall in love again.

I got up and went to the living room to see Jojo playing with Jon and Colby.

"Daddy!" Jojo says.

I smile.

"Hey, sweetie." I say.

I pick her up and she hugs my neck.

"Where's Veronica?" She asks.

"She's still sleeping." I say.

"I'm gonna go keep her company." She says and I put her down.

Jojo skips over to the room. I saw her carefully climb into the bed and Veronica looked over.

They whispered and then Veronica smiled. Jojo then curled up into Veronica's side and placed her small hand on Veronica's stomach. I smile.

I sit down with Jon and Colby. They stared at me. Dammit. I've always been so readable to them.

Soon, Veronica and Jojo walk in.

"Hey, I'm gonna take Jojo to see the girls. I'll be back in a bit." Veronica says.

I got up and walked them to the door.

Veronica looks so beautiful.

Even in sweats and a band t-shirt (Black Veil Brides) with converse and her in a messy pony tail.

Jojo had on jeans, a white tank top, and her hair in braids.

"Ok. Be safe." I say.

She lightly smiles. I can see it in her eyes. Something I didn't wanna cause her. Hurt.

She and Jojo hold hands and leave. I sit back down and the guys stared.

"What happened?" Jon asks.

Dammit, Jon.

I explained last night... Besides the kiss.

"Ok, what's so bad about that?" Colby asks.

"It wasn't that..." I trial off.

"Then... What is it?" Jon asks.

I hesitated. I'm gonna get an earful of them.

"I kissed her." I say.

They were shocked. Wide eyed.

"And?" Colby asks.

"She kissed back. We stopped after like 5 minutes, or so, and went to sleep." I say.

"Ok? Dude, that's great." Jon says.

"It's complicated." I say.

They soon caught on.

"No... Dude...." Colby says.

I look away, in shame.

"Joe, you can't be doing that. The girl just got divorced from a bastard that tortured her mentally and physically. You lost Galina TWO YEARS ago. Veronica just got divorced A DAY ago. You have had all that time to recover. She only had a day and she's better." Jon says.

"But I never hurt Galina. Randy hurt Veronica." I defend.

"But who was right there to protect her?" Colby asks.

Shit.

"Exactly." Jon says.

"Make up your mind, Joe. Don't you dare cause that girl pain. She's gone through enough shit. You said you were gonna be there for her. You're either with her or not." Colby says and walks away.

"Look, man... He's right. You said you were gonna be there and keep her safe. You told her you were gonna be there for her and her baby. I know you, Leati. Just do what you do best." He says and stands up.

"What's that?" I ask.

He pauses then looks down at me.

"Do what your heart tells you." He says and walks away.

I put my head in my hands. I hope Veronica doesn't hate me.