Meanie

No One

It's been about two months now and Veronica is now 7 months pregnant. She's been resting on the bus with the guys and Jojo.

Joe has been distant from Veronica since they kissed that night. She seems fine on the outside when really... She's breaking on the inside. She cries herself to sleep every night.

Wishing Joe would just hold her like he use to. She feels like she means nothing to anyone.

Little Jojo has found her crying a few times but doesn't say anything. She even found Veronica cutting herself.

Veronica had a very hard childhood. She self harmed and was depressed all the time when her parents divorced. Veronica cut from the age of 12 to about 18. Now, she's been cutting for the past two months.

She's cautious so she doesn't hurt her baby. She found herself falling for Joe. She tried not to but she couldn't help it.

She doesn't really talk to anyone anymore. She's been forcing herself to eat and drink for the baby.

Jon and Colby have noticed and feel bad. They're angry with their friend for avoiding her. Joe has been seeing Galina's grave and calling his family.

He feels bad for avoiding Veronica but he can't bring himself to talk to her. Truth is, he's falling in love with her. Little Jojo won't leave Veronica's side.

Joelle won't even talk to Joe because she knows he's the reason Veronica's not herself anymore. Joelle may only be 7 but she's very smart for her age.

Joelle Aona'i
(Surprise!)

I woke up with a funny feeling again. I look and see it was 6:00 in the morning.

I walk out of my room and once again, see daddy asleep on the couch. I sigh and go to Veronica's room.

I heard her crying. I saw her sobbing and holding her stomach and gripping her hair. She's crying really bad. I hide as I see her get up and go to the bathroom.

Oh no. Not again. The door was open. I walk over and see Veronica cutting herself again. I run over and she sees me and looked shocked. I take the sharp blade away from her and throw it away.

"Joelle." She says.

I look at her and hand her a towel. She wraps it around her wrist. After a bit, I take it off and put a big bandaid on her wrist.

Veronica looked so hurt. She's so sad. It makes me sad. I take her hand and pull her back to her bed. She smiles and I smile back. I pull the blanket on her tummy and kiss it.

I look and see Veronica asleep. I move her hair and kiss her forehead then leave.

I couldn't sleep so I went to the window and sat on the little seat and started crying. I've been having dreams of my mommy telling me to be happy.

She tells me to help Veronica. She even tells me to make sure Veronica is ok and to tell daddy to stop being mean to her. Mommy likes Veronica.

She's a big fan of Veronica, like me. It makes me sad to see Veronica hurt herself and cry. I promised to not tell anyone. It makes me more sad that I know it's because of daddy.

I don't really talk to him anymore. Uncle Colby and uncle Jon aren't really talking to daddy either. I stayed up and saw it was 8:00 am now.

I heard uncle Jon and uncle Colby walk out of their rooms. I was still crying.

"Jojo?" I heard.

I turn to see uncle Jon and uncle Colby. They see my tears and rush over.

"Jojo, what's wrong?" Colby asks.

"Veronica... She's so sad. She's always sad and it makes me sad. Daddy's not talking to her and..." I cry.

Should I tell them?

"Jojo, tell us." Uncle Jon says.

"She's been hurting herself. I always catch her crying or hurting herself." I say.

They got wide eyed. They exchanged looks and then looked back at me.

"Jojo, what do you mean by Veronica hurts herself?" Uncle Jon asks.

"You can't tell daddy. She and I promised not to tell anyone. Please." I say.

"We promise." Uncle Colby says.

I take them to Veronica's room. She was asleep. She looked dead. I saw her chest moving so that showed she was alive.

I go over and take off the bandaid and show them her cuts. They looked angry and sad.

"Oh, Veronica." Uncle Jon says, softly.

"Jojo... We have to tell daddy." He says.

I look down. We leave and close the door. We saw daddy awake and sitting up. I'm so mad at daddy.

"Joe." Uncle Jon says.

Daddy stands up and looks at us.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"Why are you avoiding Veronica?" Uncle Colby asks.

"Guys. I don't wanna talk about this." Daddy says.

"Daddy!" I yell.

He looks at me, shocked. I've never talked like this to him.

"You have to stop being mean to Veronica!! Mommy wouldn't want you to be hurt!! I see her in my dreams!! She likes Veronica!! She was a fan!! Remember when you always took us to see her?! Veronica is really nice!! She protected me from those bad men!! I found Veronica crying and hurting herself because of you!!! Veronica is sad and hurt because of you!! If you loved mommy, you would help Veronica!! You're being a really big meanie to Veronica!!" I yell, crying.

"Joelle." Daddy says.

I turn around and run to Veronica's room. I saw her still sleeping. Fake. I climb onto her bed and move her hair.

"I know you're awake, Veronica." I say.

She opens her eyes.

"Oh, Jojo." She says.

I cry and she sits up and let's me cry into her chest. She smooths my hair and I cry into her chest.

"Shhh." Veronica shushes me.

"Can you sing to me, please?" I ask.

There was a small silence.

"There's a place in your heart. And I know that it is love. And if you really try you'll find there's no need to cry." She sings.

Her voice is really pretty. I open my eyes and see daddy standing at the doorway.

He looks like he's been crying. He walks in.

Roman Reigns

Joelle really opened my eyes. My 7 year old daughter gave me the slap in the face of reality that I needed.

I saw Jojo crying into Veronica's chest. Veronica was singing to her. Her voice was beautiful. Like a female Michael Jackson. (R.I.P. The King of Pop)

I walk in and Veronica stops singing as she sees me. Jojo held onto Veronica's arm. That hurts. My own daughter won't even talk to me.

"Jojo... I'm so sorry. I'm sorry daddy caused you pain. I'm sorry daddy made you sad. Daddy didn't mean to. I love you very much." I say.

She looks at Veronica. Veronica kisses her forehead and nods. Joelle then crawled over to me and wrapped her small little arms around my neck. I held her close to me.

"Talk to Veronica, daddy. Make her happy. Mommy says it's ok." Jojo says then leaves and closes the door.

My little girl.

I turn and see Veronica standing up with her back facing me. I slowly walk over to her.

I wrap my arms around her from behind and she tenses a bit. I feel so bad. I'm not denying it anymore.

I'm in love with Veronica Levesque.