four

I look outside of my window placing my head on my hand, when all the bad thoughts start to fill my head. Will Cameron hate me for not telling him about the baby or will he just leave me altogether? Do the dreams from the night before mean something? And how did this bruise appear under my eye? I thought it was a dream, but everyday it turns more and more into a reality. Cameron placing my arm on my thigh and rubbing circles with his thumb took me out of my thoughts. I removed my head from my arm and looked over at Cameron. He was stopped at a red light with concern filled in his eyes.

    "Mac, what's wrong? Is it because I have been so busy with work because I can take some time off—" I cut him off by grabbing his hand and giving him a quick peck on his hand, and then leaning my head on my head on his shoulder. He then puts both hands back on the wheel.

    "Cam, where are we going?" I ask sitting up straight and looking around at the surroundings through the windshield.

    "I thought we could grab a bite to eat because I am starving, I don't know about you. Then I have a little secret getaway for the night planned. And don't even try with the puppy dog eye, it wont work on me." He says as he uses one hand to cover his vision from me and the other to drive the car. I laugh and continue to watch the car drive to our destination.

    When we arrive at our destination Cameron pulls into a parking spot and I realize we are at Dorothy's. I was about to open my door, but Cameron was too fast for me and had already opened it for me. He gave me one of those dazzling smiles as he held his hand out to help me out of his car. I took it and stepped out of his car with ease, and he didn't let go pulling one of many of his moves on me. I laughed as I put his arm around my shoulders and placed my head in the crick of his neck. We walked inside and took a seat in the booth towards the entrance and against the window, the one that we usually always sit in. Lauren came to our table to take our drink orders. I ordered my regular vanilla milk shake, and Cameron ordered his chocolate shake.

    "I'll be back in a second, I just have to go to the bathroom." I say as I slide out of the booth and motion to the bathroom, and motion to the bathroom. Cameron just sits there and laughs.

    "Mac you don't need to ask permission to go to the bathroom, go ahead." He says as he waves goodbye to me while laughing, and I wave goodbye as well with a smile.

    I walked into the bathroom and a huge wave of nausea takes over, I run to a stall and empty my guts. I shake it off wishing it was only nerves, but deep down I knew that this was just the beginning of a long journey. I went to the sink and washed my hands and I made sure there was no aftermath of the occurrence of what happened in the bathroom on my face, when I cleaned myself up I was ready to head back to the booth. While I was about to leave the bathroom I noticed that I wasn't alone and that Lauren was standing in front of the door, blocking it so no one else could get inside.

    "Mac, you have to tell him, and like soon." She tells me as if I haven't been planning to tell him all along tonight.

    "Lauren, don't worry I have it covered, I'm telling him tonight." I say as I begin to bite my nails, a nervous habit that takes over in situations like these. Lauren walks over to me and gives me a quick hug, and ensuring that everything will be fine. I walk out of the bathroom before Cameron thinks something is up. I walk back to the booth and sit down in front of my milk shake that once sounded so delicious, but now it is looking quite disgusting. All food doesn't sound the best right now. Cameron was looking at his phone still when he said what he said next.

    "Hey I just ordered your regular I hope you don't—Mac, what happened you look as pale as a ghost." He looked up from his phone and must have realized how much keeping this secret from him has affected me. I shake my head and wear a reassuring smile on my face.