nine

I wake up and get off of the floor of the living room. Cam was sitting on the couch, and when he noticed that I was waking up he ran to my side and helped me up from the floor onto the couch. He hands me an ice pack as he wipes the dried blood away from my nose then kisses me at my temple. I smile up at him and he gives me a hug. I cant remember the last time he did that.

"Mac, I'm so sorry. I just let my anger get to my head and I couldn't control it." I cover his mouth with my hand.

"I'm sorry I screamed at you and interrupted your game. It was rude of me, I should have expected you would have gotten mad." He smiles down at me, and I smile back thinking that this is his genuine smile. He then gets up and goes into the kitchen, and I run back to the bedroom and grab the pregnancy test thinking that this is the perfect time to tell him about the baby. I run back into the kitchen and see my sexy boyfriend drinking a glass of orange juice with only his boxers on.

"Cam, I have something to tell you." I had him the test and allow him a few seconds to comprehend what is going on.

"I'm pregnant." He looks back at me and then down at my belly. He first lets out a sigh, then a laugh. He aggressively shoves the test back into my hands and I watch him head for the doorway into the living room.

"We are twenty years old, Mac. We have our whole lives ahead of us, I have a whole life ahead of me. A baby will just ruin that for us."

I stare at him in disbelief, I have wanted a baby all of my life and I have felt so lonely since I have moved in with Cam. He is out practically every night and cheating on me every other week. Most people would ask 'what are you doing with this guy?' Well he is my only place to live. After I left my dead beat mom, I could never go back to that life. And I love Cam more than anything. He was my first everything. We may have always fought in high school, but I choose to believe that he has always loved me. Despite the cheating, hitting, and lying. Cam will always be the one for me.

"Cam, I'm keeping it." I say as he has his back turned to me. I can sense the anger building inside of him. He turns around and I can physically see the anger forming in his eyes and then into his fist which he are clinching. I brace myself for the demon that is about to face me. And before long all I can see is blood. Blood on my face, hands, and then in between my legs. Fear fills me before everything goes black.

I wake up shaking uncontrollably as tears run down my face. I can't move, everything around me is frozen. I get brought out of this faze by Cam. He embraces me as I feel myself slowly calming down. After a couple minutes go by I release myself from Cam's embrace to be greeted by Cam's worried appearance. I grab his face with my hands wanting to make sure that the boy that was holding me was real. He convinced me by kissing my temple and letting all my worries melt away.

"I want you to come a little early to the house so we can prepare the meal together. So we can be prepared when we move into together and when we have a baby in our lives." He says as he kisses my belly. We get up and go make breakfast for the rest of the group. I make the food and Cam takes turns bringing the food up. When I was finishing cooking the last batch of bacon I felt hands wrap around my waist.

"Baby you don't need to clean up, I can do this. Sit down and take a break." I roll my eyes and sit down on top of the counter as I watch my boyfriend clean the counter. Sure he was wearing shorts and a shirt, but Cam looked sexy no matter what he wears. Cam notices my stares and puts the cleaning supplies away. He then takes his shirt off and begins laughing when he sees my confusion. 

"I thought I should give you a better view." I laugh, I wrap my legs around his waist and I pull myself closer to him.

"Is this how it's going to be every morning for when we move out?" I wrap my arms around his shoulders and begin to play with the ends of his hair. He releases the breath of air that he was holding in. I can feel him start to relax under my touch.

"Well, not everyday. Sure, I love when you make me food, but I feel like I have to treat my girls to breakfast in bed some days." He untangles himself from me and waits for me at the door. I'm stuck swooning on the counter, but I quickly pull myself out of my thoughts when I see Cam growing impatient. I run ahead to him and following him up to the treehouse where we are greeted by the sleepiness in our friend's appearances.

After eating a very fulfilling meal everybody packed their things and wished Cam and I the best of luck for tonight. I begin picking up trash and putting the tree house back in order. Before long the treehouse is as clean as before. I pack the rest of my things and wait in Cam's car for him to get the keys. I tap my foot to the rhythm of some pop song that has been in my head lately. Cam hops in the car and drives me back to my house. We confirm the times he is going to pick me up and the rest of the details. He gives me a goodbye kiss and makes sure I get into my house safely.

I walk back to my room and played some playlist with bubbly pop music. I start the shower and pick out a yellow flowing dress that hides my baby bump. I don't know about you, but I have this issue. I cannot go a day without showering. Call it what you want, but I just feel dirty all the time. It probably has something to do with all the lies I am keeping. I shake off that thought as I finish up my shower. I stand in the mirror admiring my baby bump when tears spring to my face.

My whole life I felt as if I could never be enough for my mother. That I always had these unreal expectations to live up to, and no matter what I did I could never accomplish what my mother wanted me to do. I'm not crying for her or myself, but for this baby. In such little time knowing about her, I can't help to love something so much. I love Cameron so much, but this baby is a whole new level of love. I will never let my baby girl feel the way I felt my while life. All I want for my baby to feel is love. And that's all I can give her.

I wipe the tears off my face, and cover my face up from the bruises that formed overnight. I must have fell or hit my face somewhere. I just have to keep telling myself that. I slip on the dress that I picked out earlier. I quickly blow dry my hair and put a few curls into my hair. I admire myself in the mirror one last time as I slip a pair of nude pumps on. I head out into the living room and wait for the knock at the door to signal the arrival of Cam.

When the knock does arrive I get up from my spot making sure to check my make up for smudges and to see if any of the curls have deflated. When I confirm I look acceptable I open the door to be greeted by my lover boy.

"Hello lover boy." I keep it short while a blush creeps onto my face when I realize he is gawking at my appearance.

"Mackenzie, you are stunning." He gives me a quick peck on the cheek and then lets his lips linger on my lips a little longer. I laugh and push him away insisting he is messing up my make up. He laugh and goes to open the passenger door for me while I lock up the house. I hop onto his car and enjoy the peaceful surrounding before the storm arrives.