Prologue

The world I am from is one of magic and wonder, although secret from most of the world, I am a decedent of a god. Just like the gods existing the monsters they fought are still around. The gods used to blend in with humans and have children with them. The parent god of the child would stay with the family for a while, but would eventually leave to go back to their godly duties. Leaving the mortal parent alone to raise the child, and because the child was part god the monsters would automatically be attracted to that child to get revenge on the god.

A couple hundred years ago all the gods from many cultures disappeared without a trace. Leaving their children to defend the world from the monsters. With the gods gone their children were the only ones who could kill monsters, with their own godly power and weapons made from godly presence. The demigods had to live long enough to have children to pass on the torch to defend the world from the monsters. Some die early and some live long lives. Always being hunted down it was hard for the demigods to live long enough to train to kill monsters. The first couple of years that the gods were gone many of their children had died, but the most powerful demigods of the time built a school for all the decedents of any god.

This school became known as Subiaco Academy. The school was founded Benedict a son of Apollo, Scholastica follower of Artemis, and Zamos. Nobody knows anything about Zamos except that he was a legacy of an already ancient family.

Subiaco is a co-ed boarding high school from ninth grade through twelfth. Along with getting an education the school trains the students how to fight, knowledge of the monsters and how to use their power of their ancestors.

The school is also a temple for the gods there are many priests that live at the school who pray to the gods trying to get answers or prophesies. It is very rare for the gods to respond to the priest. When they do it is always prophesy, of something that will happen, and the school sends students on a quest to fulfill said prophesy. Sometimes students can get permission to go out to search for answers for the gods or can make a grope and go on a monster hunt.

Many years have passed more monster are appearing and more prophesies are being told, here is where my story begins. The story of me and my family.