Chapter 2

The car ride wasnt good once we left the Braums. The car normally smelled of oil and felt like being next to a fire place in the winter, but once that satyr got in it smelled of cigarettes and a hobo that hasnt bathed in a while. How I knew that smell I had no idea but thats just what I guessed. Also, being in the back seat of a muscle car never helps, but I could stretch out on the back and sleep an hour. Every so often I would wake up and hear my dad talk about how I shouldnt know something and that I should be in all the top classes. I had no idea what they were talking about but I tried to push it out of my mind and get back to sleeping.

When I woke, I asked where we were. We are in Paris Arkansas. My dad said.

The first thing that popped into my head was damn how many Pariss are there theres one in Texas, Tennessee, and the on in France. Well how much longer do we have until we arrive at Subiaco? I asked

About eight minutes said my father. And no monsters have seen us that truly is a first for me Nathan said smiling. Then out of nowhere a huge ugly monster came out in the middle of the road.

SHIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all said in unison. I giant lion jumped out to the middle of the road. It wasnt just a loin it had a scar over its right eye, a goat head coming out the middle of its back with no horns and the tail of the lion was a snake.

Um what the fuck is that thing I asked blankly.

Thats a chimera they are so rare how one of those could have found us? said Nathan.

My dad reaches into the glove compartment and pulls out five sealed letters he gives them to Nathan saying you know where to put this right?

Yes sir. Nathan said grimly.

Im sure that this is the most serious that my dad has ever been. My dad steps outside open the trunk and takes out a hammer that looks likes Thors the comic book, and a two way wrench he used to change tires.

Fritz this is the finest weapon I have ever made it is the perfect weapon for you and all of your abilities. Said dad.

What do you mean my abilities? he tosses me the hammer ouch!!!!!! the damn thing landed on my testacies.

Nathan youre going to drive him the rest of the way and dont stop dad turned towards me, Ill see you once Im done here

And if you dont!!! I interrupted him. He looked at me with his bright blue eyes and cracked his smile that seamed that no one else in the world seemed to have.

Then come find me. His bright blue eyes that everyone who meets me says I have puts me to ease even though theres I huge monster right in front of us.

My dad bent over and took two nuts off the hubcap with both sides of the wrench and I turned into a gigantic hammer, Nathan climbed in to the drivers ready to gas it. My dad charged in, Nathan floored it. As my dad charges in gets knocked into the side of a building. The last thing I see is the chimera turn toward us growing eagle wings start running at us and my dad form tackles it and smashes the snake head with his hammer. The chimera lets out a loud cry and gryphons swoop down and start chasing us as we make our escape.

Nathan is driving like he is in grand theft auto, peddle to the metal while I am half way hung out of a window swinging the hammer my father just gave me trying to hit the gryphons. I couldnt see that little town Paris anymore although it only seemed like one minute were where right in the middle of the town- thanks to Nathan going 99 miles an hour.

Were here! Nathan shouted in a high pitch squeal, I think because he has never driven before or hes never reached triple digits on a speedometer.

Where is here! I said trying not to sound a big pussy.

Subiaco dip shit!

I turn quickly to see this legendary place I could only dream about.

All I see is a giant blank ass hill? I told Nathan expecting more.

Oh, right you havent been here yet. There is a magical barrier surrounding the campus so that normal people cant see it and new comers cant see it until the pass it.

Well where is this barri everything started to do the wave, my arm started to numb, I almost dropped my hammer. Was this what it felt like to high as hell I dont know but it was the weirdest experience I had ever had.

I pull myself back into the car trying not to throw up. I wait for everything to stop waving and turn towards the hill again. Then out of thin air the huge castle aperies on the hill. I had no idea here was this kind of magic in the world, able to hide a place this big. As I sat there in awe Nathan punched me in the gut.

Ruesey stay focused the gryphons are still on our tails. I have never been called Ruesey before.

How am I supposed to kill them with a fucking hammer? I asked pissed because he punched me in the gut.

Suddenly a tornado alarm went off. I guess because there were monsters in the area. Right when we turned to go up the hill to Subiaco arrows flew down from the roof of the main building of the castle. Then the three gryphons are impaled with multiple arrows blood gushes from their wounds as they hit the ground rolling to a stop motionless.

How did they Subi know they were hear? I asked Nathan

Oh, whenever a monster enters the barrier that alarm will go off and will alert the school where the barrier was breached.

As Nathan slows down with no threat immediately around us, we approach the center building with people heading down towards the gryphons. With Nathan pulling into a parking space, now its finally time for me to start my adventure at Subiaco.