Chapter 9

We approached the Trojans. They were in the middle of a small dam that separated Second and Third Lake. The dam was the same length as the one between the First and Second Lake but this one was not as wide. Clean short cut grass lines the dam, but at the end there was a cobble stone like water way so Third Lake would not flow over the dam.

Big shocker Bill came again at lest he brought some friends for us to beat up. The short one on the right of John said. That was Christian he was only up to Johns shoulder in height with short blond hair, wearing black armor, and welding a sickle.

Yea lets go with their little plan at first just to see how far they are from us. John in the middle said. He was about six feet tall and had on a full Roman uniform with a spear in hand.

You guys just like to play with your food to much one of these days its going to bit you in the ass. Jackson said. He was just a few inches shorter than John and wore less armor. He was wearing brown leather armor. He had short dirty red hair, blue eyes, and freckles.

All right guys dont give them time to think just do our best. Bill said as he summoned his red arura and charged in with blinding speed. John easily blocked his charge but was pushed back all the way to the cobble stone water way as they started to exchange blows. Easley dodging and exchanging blows their fight was fast paced and kept on going more so.

Malcolm and Christian both disappeared in shadows and all I see is two shadows colliding along the dam and occasionally popping out of it with their weapons collided to just go into their shadows again.

If you dont want to fight I would under stand but if you dont, Im just going to start helping my friends? Jackson said with a slight grin growing across his face as he started to summon a deep blue arura around himself pointing his trident towards Bill. I could feel his arura surrounding my body. I felt like I was in the water but, more like the ocean endless and deep this power was terrifying. Ok then if you dont want too he started to shift his gaze towards Bill.

Wait! I shouted. His arura still growing I could barely look at him I couldnt believe that I actually said something but, I cannot let him attack Bill I at least have to buy Bill as much time as I can so he can win his bet. I took a step forward. Felling every step like I am in the water slow and tiring. I took another step and another. Jacksons expression looked impressed and he smiled more.

I am impressed, this is most likely the first time youve felt this much magical power. He said dropping his arura.

Well I got to help my friends as well. as soon as I could move freely, I summoned my sledge hammer and charged in. I caught him off guard at first, he parried my first attack but he was off balance so I continued my attack. Swinging again and again but he caught himself and dodged them with ease.

A very nice combinations of attacks but lets see your defense. Jackson said switching gears parring my last attack and charging in with his trident. I dodged where I could but, he will get several strikes through scratching my armor and stopping right before hitting vital areas. As he kept advancing his attack, I took one wrong step and his trident impelled my thigh. I screamed out in pain. I could feel one of the points of the trident jammed into my femur.

Oh shit! Im sorry man I didnt mean to land that one! Jackson said. While he was apologizing, I grabbed the trident and gave him a good head butt. As he was reacting to the headbutt I swung my hammer into his side sending him flying into the lake. With the moment I bought my self I took off my belt and tightened it up on my upper thigh to at least slow the bleeding.

Malcolm and Christian had stopped shadow fighting and Malcolm was surrounded by skeletons, and Bill and John were still exchanging blows at incredible rates. I ran up and smashed a skeleton from behind. Malcolm turned and gave me a nod of thanks, but in that time Christian shadow traveled behind me and slashed my back with his sickle.