Chapter 7

I have not yet been in the Gym, right when we entered there was a basketball court. Sam is on the other side upstairs that is the War Room but we are going over here. Bill said and I fallowed him. We walked behind the stands down some stairs and into a huge open area with a green carpet across the floor. There was a garage door at one corner which lead outside to a gravel lot with boulders in it. But in the middle of the room with the green carpet which Bill called the Green Room there was a small white circle in the middle of the room.

Bill, whats with that circle over there? I asked.

Oh man that circle is the challenging ring. He said with a smile on his face. If you walk into it you can challenge anyone in the school and fight them. It is for respect and rank. You must be so high in the ranks to go on certain missions. It is probably the easiest way to become a hero.

How so?

Well as you become a demigod but cant seem to prove yourself to become a hero the best way to become a hero is to fight one. If you fight someone of the hero rank and win coach A will determine whether, you should be a hero.

Seems simple.

Yea but doing it is another thing all together. They are heroes for a reason Fritz.

I guess youre right.

But anyway, lets get this started! Bill grinned.

It scared me a little looking at him smile getting ready to beat me up. Bill took off a beaded neckless that he was wearing under his shirt. As he did, he held it in his hands and I think he was praying on it or with it. Once he finished, he set it down and clicked his watch and wrist band together to activate his celestial bronze fighting gloves with their shot gun barrels on top of them. I grabbed my hammer that was hooked onto my belt loop, I hit the butt of the handle to turn it into the sledge hammer.

Ok Fritz, before we start a quick lesson. You saw me use my godly powers before when I helped the kid right? Bill asked.

Yea you had like a red aura around you. I replied.

Yes, that moment I summed my power. Its hard to explain how to use it. But the first time I used it was in Capture the Flag we had five seconds left I summed the power and, in a flash, I had the flag in my hands and we won, I just wanted to win so badly. You must have strong emotions to summon the power and use it. Once you do it you will be able to think of that moment to summon the power more. Ok now that I have explained it lets fight.

Thats explaining it? I asked.

Yes, thats the best I can. Sorry but now it is time to see what you have. Bill grinned letting out a yell and charged at me.

He was to fast the very first punch he threw hit me right in the sternum. I flew several feet backwards and landed on my back gasping for air.

Sorry Rusie Ill diel it back some. Bill said laughing at my pain.

And once I recovered from the punch I said No dont I just thought you would us your full power so when you didnt it caught me off guard.

Bill looked surprised at what I said. Ok Rusie, but let me tell you a secret. You never go all out right away you have to keep something up your sleeve in a fight.

OK so if I can draw out your full power that would be something. I said

Yes, it would but it would be difficult for a newbie. I dont think you can even hit me. Bill said with a smile on his face.

OK then round two. I got into a fighting stance or what felt like one. This time I yelled and charged at Bill.

I swung my hammer at him but he easily dodged. I swung a few more times and time after time Bill would dodge them. It felt like he was seeing how fast I was, or just toying with me. To be honest it was pissing me off.

Dame it Bill swing back you pussy! I shouted at him.

He just laughed and dodged my next swing and punched me in the kidney. I hit the ground grabbing my side. Bill was grinning taunting me to come get some more, and I was happy to take him up on it. I got up faster and swung at him. He dodged and went to punch me again at the same spot but I used to momentum of my hammer and quickly dodged his punch.

There you go now youre learning. Let kick it up a notch. Bill said taking the fight to me.

Bill charged in throwing punches at me. Ones I couldnt dodge I used the hilt of the hammer to block. But Bill kept getting faster and faster, I couldnt keep up. He punched me in my side then shoved the hammer out of the way and got two more punches in on my sides. He wasnt going for my face just body blows. He stepped back probable to ask if I was alright, but before he could I swung my hammer at him and charged at him. Right when he dodged the hammer, I let go with one hand and with the momentum of the hammer I could get into range of him and landed a big right hook on his cheek.

Bill looked at me and said Ok Rusie, he cracked his neck, Now its time for the real fight to begin.

He didnt use his powers but he got in my face so quick I was barely able to react. His fist grazed my cheek and he just kept coming. I was back peddling barley staying out of his reach but my back hit a wall and my stomach met Bills fist and as I cringed forward Bill gave me a right uppercut to the chin. And I hit the ground harder than a sack of potatoes. Bill stared to walk away thinking I was knocked out but I got up. Bill was shocked.

Come on Bill Im trying to make you work here. Youre going to have to knock me out if you want a break. I said smiling at Bill.

Ok, just know that you asked for it. Bill said smiling as well. But his attitude quickly changed he started to glow red. Although this glow was different from the first time, he used it wasnt his full power, but could I stop him at full power. I knew what he was going to do he was going to knock me out with a blow to the stomach, and right when he came at me, I side stepped and swung my hammer right at his fist. When the celestial bronze from the hammer and his glove collided, a shockwave exploded that sent us both tumbling backwards. I was too tired to get up, but Bill got right up walked over to me and sat on top of me.

Oh my god Bill! Wait youre actually really light, but I still cant breathe. I said painting

Damn Fritz that was a really good fight you surprised me several times. Bill said

And myself as well. Sam said walking over to us. Bill I cant remember the last person that took that many of your punches even though you were going half ass.

But he did make me use like sixty five percent. Bill replied

If you werent so predictable, he wouldnt have countered that last punch.

Yea but he did hit the right spot with great power

And I didnt use all my energy in the swing. I grunted out. After I said that Bill got off me.

You didnt use all your power? Sam said.

I sat up shacking my head in agreement. Yea I didnt want to break his hand.

You couldnt break Bills hand. Sam said.

Actually, my hand is throbbing from that collision. Bill interjected.

There was a bit of a pause but I just sat there grinning because I felt accomplished.

Sam stood there thinking and he started to smile. Bill Ive had this idea for a while, but I never thought that it would work, I think I have a way to beat Daniella tomorrow.