Chapter 7

"Now once you get to the front of the line you're gonna' wanna' bend your knees a little and it'll swoop you right up." A lady said to us

Here I stood in a full snowsuit with goggles, a ski helmet, gloves, skiis,skii poles and all all the other equipment needed for this particular moment.

"Renae why did I agree to this." I started to whine and shift legs.

"This is what makes the trip if you don't skii then there's no point in being here."

"I can't, I can't do this nae."

"Pull it together breathe, because you're doing this. look we're about to be next."

"No no no no." I  whined and started to turn back.

She grabbed my hand

"Come here. You have to face your fears trust me once you do you'll feel so free ."

"I'm not sure I want to be free today maybe tomorrow. "

"Now or never! Do you know why I brung you out here Celia?"

"No not necessarily. " I said to her.

"Because I seen how shut off you were. You never wanted to go anywhere,do anything,with anyone! I wanted to break the cycle of fear."

"So you bring me to skii on a high mountain as a 'breakthrough'?"

"It's a start." She said .

I tried to shake the fear away because I did agree to this.

Plus I wasn't alone she was there.

"If I make it down alive i'm going to hug you so tight. " I told her.

She smiled and we walked up because it was our turn.

The lady guided us through the same instructions from before and we nodded once we understood.

Making sure everything was fastened and on properly we stood there waiting for the next chairlift.

"I'tll swoop you right up dont worry about jumping up. " the lady said.

"You ready Renae?"

"Hate me later ok I'm sorry." She said to me moving out the way as the chairlift came and scooped me up leaving her behind.

Stefanzo came running afterwards and hopped on in replace of Renae.

"What!? What is going on?"

I said trying to analyze the situation. Everything happened so fast and I needed a explanation asap.

"Look I know you're probably lost right now but I had to talk to you in some way where you cant run away from me." Stefanzo said out of breath.

I looked down at my feet dangle in mid air and saw how far from the ground we were.

"You just won't go away will you?" I looked him in the eyes.

"No....isn't that why you like me?" He asked me.

I looked away out into the sky.

"I'm not sure what I like right now Stefanzo , we click and it scares me."

"You have to give me a chance to prove my worthiness Celia honest to God I'm not trying to hurt you by any means."

"And how do I know that?" I started to get into my feelings.

"You think I'd be here hundreds of feet in the air pleading to you if I didn't think it was worth it?"

"I just want to know why me? There's tons of attractive women for you to pick from."