Chapter 11

"I was nervous and I didn't know what to say so I agreed to go out to eat with him."

I held the phone to my ear as I painted my toe nails on the couch.

"What happened to 'oh I don't like him 'serving him all this attitude?" Renae asked me.

"It was something in that moment that just made me drop the attitude I dont know. It's like I remember briefly how I felt about him once upon a time." I said to her.

"Exactly once upon a time.  Meaning not anymore meaning in the past Cece you got to let that go he may be cute but you already talk to Stefanzo."

"I know I know but he offered to pay for my food and all and I don't pass up on free food. Plus your coming with me so it wont be a technical date." I switched feet.

"Oh I was coming anyways I don't need him trying anything with you." She said seriously.

I laughed.

"I just don't know how I'm going to tell Stefanzo I've been contemplating and I just cant bring myself to do it."

"You better do it before he finds out." She said quicky.

"And who's going to tell him?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Ok what if your with Stefanzo one day and you see Aaron and you have to introduce them to each other. Then Stefanzo will question you and ....you'll tell him because you cant lie for long. " Renae broke it down.

"Okay okay I'm going to tell him TONIGHT I won't hesitate. " I said.

"Okay good but I'll text you Erica calling me." Renae said.

"Mhm." I said and hung up the phone.

I stared at his contact name

"Stefanzo🤞🏾💝😩"

I clicked it and it rung once then I ended the call.

I threw my phone on the other end of my couch and covered my mouth with both hands.

My phone lit up and flashed as he quickly called me back.

I watched it ring for a few seconds then answered .

"Hey Stefanzo." I said nervously.

"Hey babygirl wassup with you?" He spoke through the phone.

"Uhh not much I know you at work and everything didn't want to bother you sorry." I said.

"I'm waiting on these prescriptions to come through is everything okay?"

"Yea it's just something I have to get off my chest." I said closing my eyes.

"You scaring me right now." He paused and then said.

"Look I ran into someone....a old friend in highschool and he wanted to take me out with Renae of course to catch up on life." I said quickly.

"Oh.." he said and a long silence occured.

"You use to like this dude?" He asked me.

"Yes I did....a while ago but something happen which made me stop." I responded honestly.

"Have fun I trust you thanks for telling me." He said straight forward no hesitation.

"Alright well I guess I'll let you go now." I said.

"Call you tomorrow." He said and hung up.

I exhaled and went in my room to pick out what I was wearing for tomorrow.