Chapter 23

Stefanzo P.O.V

My breathing was heavy and intense but I was almost there.

"Don't stop ." The voice cried out to me.

I kept pushing I wasn't about to tap midway.

"47, 48, 49, 50." They said.

I dropped the weight to the ground and yelled out in relief .

"That's what I'm talking about Stefanzo." Terrell said.

Terrell works with me and we got along fast real well we always would shoot some hoop or go out to eat, he's almost like a brother to me. That's part of the reason I'm staying with him temporarily .

I frowned in satisfaction like I was the man.

"You couldn't even do that last week what happened man?" He asked me.

"Just stress man, it drove me to push myself. " I said holding the back of my foot and shifting.

"It's about Celia isn't it?" Terrell lifted his eyebrow grabbing a water.

"You know I walked in there and she was half naked with that dude Aaron I told you about." I looked at him.

He jumped back " Man what? So what you do?"

"I respectfully packed my stuff and left man. " I grabbed a towel and wiped myself off and headed to the locker room.

He followed behind me as we went to our separate showers.

"You ain't cuss shorty out or nothing? No roughing up? You ain't threaten her?" Terrell shouted out as he turned the water on.

"Nah man, I was raised to respect women. " I shouted back.

"Man you respect them until they disrespect you and after that it's time to treat them like garbage." He said.

"I can't agree with that big dog. Yea she did something messed up but I'm going to let her conscious damage her not me nor my words. She cried and begged me not to go and all I did was packed my clothes ." I said.

"You must've had her whipped to be acting like that."

"I was a man and she never experienced what a man was so of course I was a joke and of course she resorts back to boys. She'll learn though." I stopped the shower .

"I have to ask do you love her?" He stepped out the shower as well.

I stood there and remembered the first day I saw her. Gazing at the mountains and her eyes crystallized.

When we were in the hot tub and I kissed her for the very first time.

Her cute jealousy when we went ice fishing and she thought I had a girlfriend.

And on the last day when I gave her that necklace that she never took off.

The day I asked her to be mines and how I promised to protect her.