6: Soaking It In

"Are you alright?"

Jane looked at Trevor, snapping out of her shock from being hit so hard. "I'm fine," she assured him, but Trevor rose a brow in silent demand as if knowing that wasn't the case, "Okay I'm sore."

Trevor cautiously held up a hand, looked at her for approval, and then tilted her head to examine where she'd been struck.

The very little distance between them allowed her to assess him more intimately. His eyes, that looked over the side of her face where she could feel a bruise forming, were a beautiful shade of blue green. His jaw, that was clenched as he focused, was strong and sharp just like his character.

Janes eyes dropped to his lips, they looked impossibly soft for a man's lips, full, pink and.. moving. Blushing, and after a long noticeable moment she managed to meet his eyes.

"I can take you to the E.R," he offered.

"Ice," she blurted.

Head tilting slightly, Trevor's forehead scrunched, "Jane, you got hit hard, I'm not sure that ice could fix a concussion if you have one."

"Its just a flesh wound," she bit down to prove her point, holding back a grimace when pain shot through her skull.

She failed. He didn't miss a beat, hauling her up and stating, "I'll drive."

Halfway through the door, Jane pulled her hand back, out of Trevors warm grasp. "No. Ice will be fine, I don't want to leave after I've just gotten my home back."

Trevor turned back, his jaw clenching and then relaxing. She hoped that meant he wouldn't force her to go, even with her best interest in mind. She really didn't want to leave yet, half afraid when she got back she'd wake up and be back in the house that felt like a tomb with Noah's presence.

"Fine. But if you feel sick or dizzy or the pain gets bad let me know," he clipped.

He brushed past her going back into the house, and for the second time that afternoon, Jane faced Noah.

After being dragged out by another member of the security team earlier, Noah was now about to be placed inside a police squad car.

If Trevor would have stood there just a moment longer, she might have been able to dodge his menacing stare. She was so thankful he would be behind bars soon, because that glint in his eyes promised retribution and pain in the worst ways. She knew that look, but had never experienced the rage behind it.

His stare was cut off when a police officer pushed his head down and into the back seat, yet still it was like his cold eyes had found a way to pin themselves to her.

Sensing his presence behind her, Jane turned around and looked up at Trevor. "Thank you," she said sincerely, holding back from throwing herself at him in a hug that would probably have her breaking down.

Jane walked into her home again, stopping in her living room to take in what it had become. To think about how it would change.

She had always been a routine person, liking things oredered and organized. That was one of the few things she had control over in her entire marriage to Noah, everything else.. Jane shook her husband from her thoughts. Soon, very, soon to be ex.

That was another thing she had to do, file her divorce and hopefully have it go through quickly and before Noah was released, or bailed out of jail. She wouldn't be able to bare any contact, and now that she thought about it, a restraining order was on that to do list as well. Though she hoped his time behind bars would be long enough to make that unnecessary, but she knew him. Too well. This was the end of their horrible marriage, but it wouldn't be the end of Noah tormenting her life.

"What are you thinking," Trevor asked, coming to stand next to her in the living room.

She glanced around, spotting an honest excuse she could use rather than discussing her worries.

"I'm thinking I need to have a bonfire, a large one at that."

Trevor chuckled, the sound combined with his already deep voice seemed to send vibrations straight to the love button between her thighs.

That was new. Jane shifted away from him subtly, wanting to distance herself, but not enough to cause attention. She wasn't remotely close to being ready to take any step with a man, let alone something sexual. If she were honest, she probably wouldn't even know what to do other than lay there, it had been so long since a man touched her.

With Noah, having been her first partner, she didn't know what to do to begin with. Even then she knew he wasn't a tentative lover, all he did was take. And then after the accident, he never touched her again, and she couldn't be more grateful.

"I can start that fire for you, " Trevor suggested. Jane's mind immediately returned to thoughts about what he would be like in bed. His size was plenty enough to indicate dominant, and the muscled steel beneath his clothes didn't insight vanilla sex as an option. He was probably a powerhouse of ecstasy, and too damn much for her to handle.

Jane sighed and then eyed the wedding photos on her walls, "since you're offering, I'll bring the fire wood."

______
Fun fact:

I had 2,000+ words written in this chapter for like two weeks and was not feeling it so... I deleted it and started again. Thank fuck it actually got me somewhere. This chapter and the rough draft were so different, I can't even imagine how much it would have changed the trajectory of the story line. ☠

Anyways, this chapter is probably my favorite. 💋💁🏻‍♀️