12.

_____________________

12. Lucas

_______________________________

Lucas got off work early and when he came home, the kids and Desiree were in the theater room. He entered and Bobo ran from his chair and got his usual greeting of tickles and giggles. Mariah got the exact same treatment when he was done with his son, and their mixed laughter was literally melting his heart.

Someone wasn't laughing though. He had barely gotten a glance from Desiree when he entered the room. She'd said a greeting with her head still buried in her phone and ignored him even as the kids were laughing with tears streaming down their faces. Something was up with her, he just couldn't put a finger on what it was.

"What are we doing this evening, kids?"

"Dad, can we go get ice cream?" Bobo asked.

He pretended to consider. "Isn't there ice cream in the freezer?"

"But I want mint and we only have chocolate."

"Alright, we're going out then. Who's excited?"

"Me!" Mariah shrieked.

Bobo was jumping as he normally did whenever he got excited. He looked over at Desiree and she was still ignoring the whole conversation.

"Desiree?" he called to get her attention.

"Yea?" Finally, her eyes left her phone screen.

"Do you want to come with us? I mean to get ice cream."

"I think I'll stay at home while you guys are out."

He didn't like her reply but he nodded. He saw something in her eyes he hadn't noticed before as she politely declined his invite. She hated him, maybe he'd gone a little too far with ignoring her. He didn't want his kid's nanny hating him so he knew he had to get her on his side again.

"What flavor do you like so I can get you a bowl when returning?"

He hoped she saw the question as a way of him being different, nicer. She shook her head and he almost groaned out in frustration. Bobo and Mariah were silently watching their exchange and their eyes were impatient with the promise of the treat.

Lucas rushed upstairs as the kids waited and quickly changed into shorts and a grey T-shirt, he drove to Coldstone Creamery with the kids yapping at the back seat. They found a seat at the store and asked for ice cream and pizza.

Bobo was eating his pizza when he suddenly asked, "Dad, is Dee mad at me?"

Lucas dropped his plastic spoon in the ice cream cup and looked at his son. "No, she isn't. Why would you think that?"

"She doesn't want to take ice cream with me."

Bobo took a lot of things personally, that was the way he'd always been. "That doesn't mean she's mad at you."

"I didn't mean to do it."

"Do what, Bobo?"

Mariah spoke then, "Bobo kicked me because Dee told him to give me his chin-chin."

Bobo eyes were starting to water as he said, "I was only playing."

"It's okay, little man. She's not mad at you."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"I'm sure, now eat your food."

Mariah spooned some of her ice cream into Bobo's cup and he returned it back to hers. She spooned it back into his cup and Lucas watched as they messed the table.

"That's enough," Lucas said in a voice deeper than his usual growl and Bobo froze. "Finish your ice cream," he directed at his son. "Mariah, don't give him from yours if he isn't asking for it."

"Mr. Smith, I'm full."

"Dad can we go home? I want to see Dee," Bobo whined and he knew it was because he scolded him, that made him his least favorite person at that moment.

"In a minute."

He settled the bills and left the store with a box of pizza and chocolate cookies ice cream. It was a peace offering to Desiree. She couldn't possibly turn down the food, could she?

The kids got into the backseat and he drove Mariah home. Her pregnant mother was waiting and she thanked him nonstop for his help. He drove towards the direction of his home after Bobo and Mariah hugged. Lucas got home in few minutes and gently lifted his son's sleeping form from the car to his room.

When he came back downstairs after changing Bobo into his pajamas, he went to the car and got the pizza and ice cream. Desiree wasn't in the main house so he sent her a text. He heard her walk into the kitchen and his eyes went to her lips, they were glistening like she just licked them with her tongue as he'd noticed her do a couple of times. It weirded him out that he noticed something that insignificant despite trying his best not to be bothered by her.

"I got you pizza."

She walked further into the kitchen. "Thanks."

He watched as she got slices of pizza on two plates then kept the remaining in the fridge. She ignored the ice cream and got water for both of them. As she placed a plate in front of him, he noticed a gaping hole in her shirt and he could see her bra. A red, lacy piece. The button of the shirt had obviously came undone at some point and she was unaware. She had to be, she didn't look like the type to go around flashing her sexy bra.

Desiree took a stool and started eating, Lucas looked at his piece of pizza and couldn't take a bite. The bra was driving him crazy, she was driving him crazy and her perfume did little to help his sanity. He realized too late that he shouldn't have commented on her perfume, if she'd kept wearing the one that irritated his nose, it'd have helped his current situation.

His cock was throbbing so hard. He took a deep breath and took a bite of the pizza. He'd eaten with the kids and wasn't hungry, at least not for food. He tried not to look at her but his eyes on their own accord went to the gaping hole in her shirt and the color of the bra made him harder. There was no trying to resist her. When he tried physically, she attacked him in his dreams. He saw her in that wet clothes every night when he slept. He wasn't getting as much sleep as he used to and now the red bra would also start haunting him too.

He needed to make an excuse and leave to his bedroom. He also needed a cold shower, it was a case of emergency as of now but he couldn't stand from the stool until he controlled his other member.

"Lucas?" He heard her call and he realized he'd been staring.

Lucas stood from his seat without realizing what he was doing and went to her. Desiree stood as he came closer to her and his hands went out to do her button.

"There, it was open."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"It's okay."

He was now in her personal space. If he moved any closer, he would be chest to chest with her. He saw her gulped as she looked up at him and he noticed how her eyes went from hate to desire. Her breathing was coming in short gasp too and all he wanted was to bend his lips and take her mouth. The thought was driving him insane. He wanted her so badly and to find out that she wanted him too made his testosterone shoot another level higher. But that made her more dangerous, more irresistible. Lucas took a step back and went to the stool. He saw Desiree swallowed and looked at the floor.

"Having a kid makes it instinctive to fix things. I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable." He tried to sound as reasonable as possible. It was uncharacteristic of him to get that close to her and he could see the confusion written boldly on her face.

"Oh, no you didn't. I totally understand." She threaded her fingers through her locks and he imagined his hands doing that. "I think I should go to the guest house, thanks for the pizza."

"You're welcome. You can take the ice cream along with you, I got it for you."

"Alright."

He watched as she walked away and went to his bedroom. Lucas discarded his clothes and got into the shower, he needed to cool off...badly. As he lathered soap on his body, his palm moved to his cock and he started stroking himself. He went fast at first then slowed down. He figured maybe if he self-pleasured himself, he wouldn't be so attracted to her. He needed to blow off steam, to release the built-up sexual tension. As he kept stroking, he felt himself close, his hips moved as he tightened his grip.

He closed his eyes as he came to the mental picture of Desiree spread out in front of him. His head dropped as he finished. This was the first time he'd touched himself since his wife died. He walked towards the bed wrapped in a towel and the first thing he saw was his wife's picture on the bedside drawer. Lucas sat on the bed and buried his head in his hands.

"I'm so sorry, baby."

He stayed in bed that night staring at the picture of his wife. He hated Desiree for eliciting such caveman behavior in him.