17.

_____________________

17. Lucas

_______________________________

"Go to hell," she said and went into the tent.

Lucas' plan was to convince her to go back to the guest house so she wouldn't have to share the tiny two-person tent with them. Well, that didn't work as he'd planned. He stood from the chair when it got late and went into the tent, he found Desiree lying still, sleeping. Lucas took the tiny space beside her and tried not to think of their close proximity.

Bobo had wanted this, if his son had told him earlier, he'd have promised him one on a Saturday night. Desiree would be out of the house by then and they could enjoy each other's company without her perfume teasing his nostrils. He heard her shift to get into a more comfortable position. He could wake her and apologize but he decided against it, she'd looked like she could spit fire earlier. The lady had told him to go to hell as if he wasn't a steady occupant already.

His life had started on a promising note. He'd started his own company so young that he'd been featured in several magazines. Then he married his first love and they had the most beautiful son anyone could ever ask for. Their joy had known no bounds when Bobo arrived, and in the blink of an eye all that changed. He became a single father with burn scars so raw he'd been hospitalized for weeks.

Lucas flexed his fingers as he thought. The doctors had told him how lucky he was to be alive but he didn't feel lucky. He would have been more at peace if he'd died in that fire but he remembered his son, the symbol of their love, the one person that made it impossible for him to overdose on his sleeping pills. He couldn't stand his son losing both parents so he was doing whatever it took to get up every morning and wear a fucking smile on his face despite feeling miserable within. It was a hard life, faking had never come easy to him but that was all his life was about now.

He'd forgotten to take his sleeping pills and here he was drowning in despair again. His life was a fucking torture and it got worse at night. He hated the nightmares, he also hated the dreams with Desiree doing lewd things to him. He couldn't win either ways, something was always there waiting to torture him.

The rain started as he thought about running into the house to get his pills. There, wasn't it so obvious that he was the unluckiest bastard in the whole world? He closed his eyes and listened to the rain, he was hoping the noise would help him sleep. The thunder rumbled and the lightning followed and he felt Desiree shaking by his side. Was she scared of the rain? It rained for months every year, how could she still be afraid of it? She collided into his chest when another roll of thunder rumbled and he groaned as her elbow hit his ribcage.

Her eyes opened wide and they were as large as saucers. "Lucas, I'm scared. Can we go inside?"

"There's nothing to be scared of," he said trying to calm her down. Her hand gripped the front of his shirt as the rain beat heavily on the tent. "Stop shaking, you'll be okay. Look at Bobo, he's sleeping like everything is fine because it is."

Desiree nodded and moved away from his body but rammed into him again as the lightning flashed and brightened the inside of the tent.

"What if it kills us? The voltage from the lightning is quite high."

"It won't kill us."

"But the rain can wash us away?"

Lucas wanted to laugh so badly at her exaggeration but he knew that'd be rude. She was hysterical and he didn't want to mock her fears. "No, the tent is rain proof and it's also well secured."

"Lucas we're under the rain. The thund-" She hadn't finished her word when the thunder rumbled again. She pressed closer to him and he wrapped his arm around her.

"You're safe," he cooed to her as his palm caressed her face.

Her skin was so soft to touch, like melted butter. He'd not touched anyone from the opposite sex in a long while and he'd forgotten how different they were. His brain perked up and he could feel her everywhere. Her legs were secured in between his and he felt her boobs against his chest. It didn't take long before his body responded.

Her breath fanned his face and he became lost. His heart thundered in his chest at their closeness, they couldn't have been any closer. His palm continued to stroke her face and soon he went to her arm and back. His fingers lingered at the hem of her shirt. He wanted to slide his palm under her skin so he could touch her but he didn't want to cross that line.

Her breathing had changed halfway through his caress and he felt himself straining hard for control. His body was pushing him so hard to take things further, instead he continued saying 'you're safe' and went back to caressing only her face until he felt her fall asleep. It was still raining hard but his eyes started to drop and he tucked Desiree closer into his body as he slept.

Lucas was the first to wake and he gently untangled himself from Desiree. He went to his son's side and shook him lightly until he woke.

"Bobo, you have to prepare for school."

"Dad," he said sleepily.

"Come on, let's get you ready."

Lucas lifted Bobo into his arms and got out of the tent, he carried him all the way to his room and deposited him in the bathroom. By the time Bobo was ready and dressed for school, Desiree was at the kitchen making oat. He saw her body stiffened as he walked in with Bobo, she was obviously embarrassed by the event of last night.

He gave her space and went to his room to prepare for work. Lucas walked down the stairs knotting his tie as Bobo finished with his meal. His son gave him a kiss and went out of the door with Desiree. He was eating pancake when Desiree got back from dropping Bobo off at school. She cleared her throat and he looked at her, waiting for her to say what was on her mind.

"Lucas, I'm so sorry about last night. I don't know what got over me, but I'm not usually like that."

"Even if you are, it's no problem. Everyone has their phobias and I'm sorry for being rude to you last night."

"Oh, that's no problem. I kind of overreacted, I've had time to think about it and I see you had my best interest at heart. I should have gone back to the guest house."

Lucas stood from the kitchen island and went to the sink. Desiree moved closer to him and took his plate before he could clean it by himself.

"I'll take care of it, don't worry," she said with a smile.

"Thanks," he said and turned to leave.

"Lucas?" Desiree called and when he turned back, she came close to him and pecked him.

It was so unexpected that he didn't know what to make of it. But as she turned, he reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling her closer to his chest. He allowed her feel the electricity pulsing between them and when she looked up, he saw that look. The look that told him he could do it, it told him she wanted him just as much as he wanted her.

He took off her glasses and her lids fluttered shot. Her lips parted as he lowered his head, their lips met and he felt like he'd been singed. He deepened the kiss and he felt her flatten against him. His hand went to the back of her neck to draw her closer. He wanted to feel all of her as his lips and tongue explored her mouth. Other areas of his body responded so quickly that he had her against the sink in no time. His hand moved under her shirt and he tore his lips from hers to curse out loud as he felt her skin. She was so soft, so beautiful and he just wanted to touch her all day, every day.

He kneaded her butt as his other hand snapped her bra. Her breath was coming in short gasps and her moans were driving him crazy. He just wanted to bury himself deep inside her.

"You're so beautiful," he growled into her ear and felt her shiver.

As her hands went to his buckle, his brain took over and he stepped back. When he looked at Desiree, he almost came in his pants. She looked like she'd just been thoroughly fucked, her eyes were still glassy, her light skin looked rosy and her lips were more rounded and pouty from his exploration.

"I've always wanted to do that," he simply said. He saw no point in lying.

"Took you long enough," she said as she straightened her dress.

"Oh, Dee. Don't say that, it's only going to drive me more crazy."

"Crazy is good."

"Are you flirting with me?"

She smiled. "Are you flirting with me?"

Lucas stepped closer to her and his fingers trailed her collarbone. Her breathing changed as he dipped his hand lower. He snatched his hand away and lowered his head to her ear. Lucas saw goosebumps formed on her flesh as his breath caressed her ear. "Think about what I can do to you."

He walked out of the kitchen with his pants so tight he could barely move. When he turned around, she was wearing the brightest smile. Lucas chuckled as he went to his car, he refused to over think what just happened, instead he hummed as he drove out of the house.