39.

_____________________

39. Lucas

_______________________________

Lucas picked the little note and read it again. Her birthday was tomorrow and he had no idea, whoever sent the gift had to be close to her. Who else would have gotten her a fucking dildo? The way the note was worded made it seem like she was intimate with this "S" somebody. He was definitely missing something, did she have a booty call? Or was it a boyfriend?

Lucas found himself getting angry. He sealed the box back and left the study to the swimming pool. He sat under the shade and went to the kitchen when he grew restless. By the time Desiree and Bobo got home, he'd simmered down and was watching Family Feud. Desiree carried a sleeping Bobo to his bedroom and Lucas went to the study to get her gift. He sat with legs spread apart as she joined him in the living room.

"Fun day?"

"Yep."

"What did you guys do?"

"We went to the movies then got something to eat."

"Sounds great. A package arrived for you earlier."

"Oh? At this address? That's weird."

Lucas passed the box to Desiree and waited for her to open it.

"Thanks, going to bed."

"Night."

Lucas wished she'd opened it in front of him just so he could take in her expression. He switched off the TV and locked the doors before going up to his room. He woke up by five the following morning and went to Bobo's room. He shook his son awake and explained to him the it was Desiree's birthday so they went downstairs to the kitchen to get started.

Lucas used to make cupcakes for Bobo to school so he made some instead of a birthday cake. He waited in the kitchen while the cupcakes baked and made hot cocoa for his son.

"You have to go to grandma's today."

"Can't I stay with Dee?"

"You can but grandma likes having you around on weekends."

"Okay."

"Good. You need to get cleaned while I make you breakfast. How does oat sound?"

"Yummy, I want lots of milk and banana."

"You'll get it. Give dad a hug first." Lucas opened his arms and Bobo stepped into his embrace. "I love you."

"Love you, too." He pecked his kid on the lip before shooing him out of the kitchen.

Lucas checked the cupcakes progress and picked a pan to get started on breakfast. Bobo bound down the stairs in jeans and round neck, he opened his mouth for Lucas to inspect. His son got on a stool and dug into his bowl of oat after Lucas nodded in satisfaction. When they heard Desiree's footsteps they bent and hid behind the counter.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they shouted as she came into the kitchen and Desiree held her heart.

"What? I forgot my birthday."

"It happens. Come, we baked you cupcakes."

"Mouth is now salivating."

"We have to sing for you before you can eat them, Miss."

"Okay."

Lucas got the cupcakes cooling by the sink and searched the drawers for tiny candles. He lit one of the candles he found after placing it in the cupcake.

"Bobo, it's time to outdo yourself. One, two, three, sing!"

Bobo sang an off tone 'happy birthday' song and Lucas clapped along while Desiree sat in the stool watching them and grinning from ear to ear.

"I seriously love you guys," she said when Bobo finished the song with a little break dance.

"Make a wish." Lucas gave her one of the cupcakes with lit candle.

She mopped her eyes before closing them and opening them seconds later. Desiree blew the candle out and Lucas peeled the paper off the cake then stuffed it in her mouth. She covered her mouth as she chewed and Bobo giggled as she struggled.

"Thank you, this is one of my best days ever," she said after swallowing the cake.

"You're welcome."

"We love you, Dee"

"Let's give her a hug." Bobo went in for a hug after Lucas. "I have to drop the kid at my mom's, will you be good on your own?"

"Yea, I'll leave as soon as you get back."

"Okay. Bobo get your bag and join me in the car."

Lucas drove out when Bobo was safely secured in his seat. He dropped him off and blew a kiss to his dad who was on the balcony as he drove out. He stopped at a mall to get Desiree a real birthday cake then drove home to her. She wasn't in the main house when he arrived so he took the cake to the guest house and knocked.

"Lucas, not another cake," she said when she opened the door.

"It's your birthday."

"Yea, come in."

Desiree got some plates from the kitchen and gave him a large slice. Lucas sat closer to her on the sofa and watched as she took a bite.

"This is better than the cupcake, I'm not going to lie."

"Oh, really?"

"Yup, it has icing."

"When did you become so ungrateful?" he teased.

"You get C for effort though."

"I'll take what I can get. What are you going to be doing today?"

"I don't know. I think my brothers should have something planned."

"Older brothers?"

"Yea."

"I really don't know anything about you."

"I could tell you few things if you ask."

He got closer to her as possible and trailed a finger down her face. "What do you want for your birthday?"

"Lucas, I need to tell you something important."

He ignored that and said, "If I told you that you could touch me, what would you want?"

"You know the answer to that."

"Do I?"

"Yea. Should we be doing this?" Desiree asked as her fingers unbuttoned her shirt.

"It feels right."

"What made you change your mind?"

"Nothing in particular, it was just time." Lucas took her trembling hands as she fumbled with a button. "I'm scared also."

"Kiss me."

"Happily."

Lucas kissed her briefly on the lips and concentrated on taking off her clothes and his. He pulled her to his laps and wrapped her arms around his neck then stood from the sofa and went to the bedroom.

"I haven't done this in a long time so I hope I don't suck."

She kissed his nose. "You can never suck, pretty boy."

"Pretty boy?" he asked as he placed her on the bed.

"No? What about delectable ass?"

Lucas closed his eyes as her fingers roamed his body. She pulled his briefs down and guided him into her entrance. Lucas tried not to move as he felt all the sensation he'd starved his body for years. Desiree thrust her hips and he took control as he held her waist and moved in and out of her. He lost control and was deaf to her pleas as she moaned his name while he ravaged her neck and hammered into her. He came when she screamed out his name and Lucas fell on the bed breathing heavily.

"That was awesome."

"I wasn't too rough?"

"Nope, you were perfect."

"Does this mean you didn't use the dildo?"

"What dildo?"

"Your gift?"

Desiree jumped out of the bed and got the gift. It was still unopened and Lucas watched as she tore the box open. She eyed the pink plastic and picked up the note.

"S?"

Lucas sat up. "You don't know who it's from?"

"I don't think I do...S? Sandra?"

"Who?"

"I think it's from my friend, Sandra. It must be some sort of prank."

"So you don't have a booty call?"

"No! What's that?"

"Someone that--"

"I know what it is, Lucas."

"Why would your female friend send you that?"

"I kinda confided in her about our situation so I think this was her way of helping." Desiree looked embarrassed.

"I was going to be replaced by a plastic?"

"I wouldn't have used it."

"Lies."

"Okay, maybe once.... or twice. Ugh!"

"We have to make sure you never get to make that choice. Come here, I think we rushed things a little too fast the first time."

Desiree grinned. "Who are you and what have you done to my boss?"

Lucas stood from the bed and went to her. He took her to the mirror and touched her neck. "Look how beautiful you are."

"Is this your idea of a foreplay?"

"I can't wait to hear you begging instead of teasing."

"I'd like to see you try," she said with gusto like she wasn't screaming his name some minutes ago.

Lucas took the challenge without hesitation and when he was done with her she curled up next to him and he caressed her face as she slept.