Chapter 7

Fionna pov

I crawled out of my bed. I couldnt help but notice the smell of something good in the air. Ummm pancakes. I went downstairs still clad in my pajamas.
    "Cake" I said rubbing my tired eyes.
    "Yes hun"
    "Are those flap jacks!"
    "Sure are." She said slidding a playe towards me.
   Normally I would dive in straight away but was concerned about which one to choose.
  "Dont worry there not narrative flapjacks hun dig in." She said with a small laugh.
   Relieved I began shoveling them down my throat.
   "Soooooo you remember what today is right."
   "Noooooooooooo."
   "Fionna."
   "Maybeeeeeee." I said as i was given the sternis mother look. "I still dont really want to go though."
   "Come on Fionna. You already got the dress. Ill doll you up itll be fun."
   "Itll be fun she says. Most of his balls are just classic music dancing and sweets. Its way to girly for me."
   "Ill drag you there if I have to." She said giving me a sweet grin.
   "I know thats the only reason im going."
  I took the plates to the kitchen sink and began to scrub them. I was just gonna try and sneak off but Cake had caught on to that and caught me draging me towards the stairs.
    She took me into the bathroom made me sit and spread her make up all over the counter. Along with pulling out what I believe was a curling Iron and some spray. That I wasnt to sure what it was for.
      I changed into my dress while she     was setting everything up.
      She grabbed different make up brushes and started putting some stuff on my eyes. She also put something she called foundation on my face? I honestly wasnt paying to much attention and was just letting her do whatever at the moment. She put some lip stick on me and it seemed like she was satisfied before she moved onto my hair.
      She tuck her curling iron and wrapped the ends of my hair around it. She repeated this intill she had done all my hair then put it up into a fancy updo. And finally sprayed it with that stuff I learned was called Hairspray. I didnt really like it though because my it made my hair a little stiff.
She stepped back and took a minute to admire her work.
    "Oh my gosh Fionna you look beautiful"
    I turned to the mirror and looked at my reflection. I almost didnt recognise myself.
    "I dont know Cake. I feel like I look weird."
    "Hush up. You look gourgeous fionna."
    "I guess ill trust you but im not much for wearing make up."
     "Well you look good either way but its fun to dress you up every now and then."
     I grabbed my bag and cake gave me a disaproving look.
     "I didnt let you bring that last time im not letting you bring it this time."
    "But cake I want to."
    "To bad. Its a ball you shouldnt need weapons."
    "You do remember ice queen attacked during the last ball right?"
    "Yeah but I willing to take that risk. If anything happens im cofindent youll be able to handle it."
I looked longingly at my bunny hat wondering if I could sneak in somehow but im pretty sure cake would notice and yell at me so I left it be.
   Cake looked at the time and I noticed it had gotten a bit later.
   "Come on girl we gotta go."
   She said heading out the door and stretching all big. Putting me on her back in the process.
Within a few minutes we were at the ball.  And in record time cake managed to find mochro so I was on my own again. I didnt nesscarily mind to much but know I had nothing to do. Everyone was on the dance floor dancing to classical music. I was doing my best to blend into the background these events not really being my thing.
I was people watching when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked over and saw no one there. I looked on the other side and saw Marshall there.
   "Hey Fi. Wow you look amazing."
   I noticed be was wearing a red long sleve shirt wit the arms rolled up to his elbows a black vest and tie.
   I smiled  "Thanks I was cakes play thing for a while. You clean up nice as well."
   "Well it looks like your pain and suffering was well worth it. You dont look like your having much fun though."
    "Why would I. These balls are always so boring."
    "I cant fault you there but I could always try and help make it more interesting." He said extending a hand.
   "Marshall I cant dance."
   "Just trust me." He said pulling me out onto the dance floor.
   "Marsh." I said not knowing what to do.
"Here you put your hand on my shoulder and I put my arm around your waist." He said pulling me a little closer to him.
I felt a little embarrassed being this close to him but also because I had no idea what I was doing.
  "Now just follow my lead." He said swaying us in tune with the song.
  I was a little clunky and stiff.
   "You gotta relax a little Fionna." He said leaning in closer. A little startled I stepped on his foot. He stalled for just a second but otherwise didnt let it effect him.
    Well good thats what he gets for draging my out of my corner.
     "Weres my feracious warrior. That can slay a cyclops single handly. Surely if you can do that you can get this."
     Flustered and annoyed I started to focus more on him and his movements. Intill I actually slowly started to get it. 
     "Oh my gosh marshall look. Im doing it!"
     He laughed some.  I just stared up at his profile some. Continuing to focus on him and his movements so i didnt mess up. When I noticed something. Hes been close to me before but never for this long. And i couldnt help but notice how handsome he was. I felt a littke subconscious with him staring back down at me with a intensity I couldnt place in his eyes. And I know this sounds cheesy but it felt like it was just me and him in the world right now.
     The song ended and I was happy to dance another one with him but I heard someone clear there throat.
     "Do you mind if I cut in?" I turned around and saw gumball. "I have something I want to talk to Fionna about."
     "Oh uh sure." I said stepping out of marshall grasp and turning to Gumball.