Chapter 8

I was expecting gumball to say he wanted a dance when he linked arms with mine. But he just let me somewhere more quiet. Into one of the rooms that branched off of the ballroom.
   I think we were in his library cause there was books everywhere.
    "You looked like you were having fun."
    "Well I found out I might actually be able to dance afterall." I said with a laugh.
     "Wanna test that?"
     "Not really im still not that good at all."
     "Nonsense I insist."
     He grabbed me by my wait and pulled me closer. And started swaying to some beat. Its not like you could really hear the music from here. Which made things rather awkward.
     "Um theres no music here if you just wanted a dance why didnt we stay in the ball room."
      "Because I wanted to talk to you as well. And its a little loud there."
      "Ok so what about?" I asked.
      Maybe a few years ago I would be delighted to be in this situation. Alone with the person I used to have a crush on. But now I really just felt nothing. A was mainly focused on not stepping on this guys feet.
     "Well first I wanted to let you know you look abosulety breath taking tonight."
      "Yeah cake had fun this one." He gave off a small laugh.
      "And youve matured wonderfully."
      "Wait a second."
      He pulled me into a dip "Fionna will you do me the honor of dating me."
      Wait wait, what!?
      "Um exscuse me what?" He pulled me out of the dip.
      "Will you date me, be my princess."
      "Ice queen? Is that you again!" I said getting mad. I looked up at the celiling there was no frozen prince.
      "No I can assure you its me."
      He leaned in quickly and stole a kiss. I kicked myself out of his arms.
       "What the hell Gumball."
       "What whats wrong?"
       "You kissed me."
       "Yes and!"
       "I dont like you like that anymore."
       "But I finally do."
       "Why is it just because I got older!"
       "Well thats a small part of it."
       I was steaming now the nerve of some people.
      "A small part whats the rest though!"
      "Well you got older. Youve saved me a lot of times and my people adore you so there wouldnt be any problem with it."
       I laughed "I cant beleive you! Just because im older now im good enough to date!"
       "Im sorry about that but you were still just a child. Did you really exspect to date you?"
      "Do you have any idea how many times I would go home and cry myself to sleep. I really liked you and I kept thinking maybe this time will be different. But you kept repeatedly breaking my heart."
      He tried pulling me closer again. But I slapped his hands away.
      "You could have me now though."
      "I dont want you now."
      "Its because of Marshall isnt it?"
      I could feel my cheeks heat up a tiny bit.
      "No!"
      "I remember when you used to look at me like that. Cant you just one more time?" He said pulling me in close.
       I slapped him and ran out the door. I cant believe him! Completing ignoring the ball going on in the room next to the hallway I was running through I headed out the back door. I didnt want to really be around people right now. I was in the courtyard but headed to a more secluded area were there was no one but plants and  myself.
   I sat down at the base of a tree. I was pissed. I cant beleive he thought that I was only good enough now to date now. How comceited and arrogant is he. I had no feeling left for that prick but it still kind of hurt. I hadnt realized it but a tear or two had ran down my face. I hated this. I hated that he was making me cry again.
       "Fi."
       I recgnozied That voice and there was only one person that called me Fi.
I curled up somemore and lightened my breathing so you barely hear me. And hid my face in my knees that were currently pulled to my chest. I didnt really want him to see me like this again to many times he was the one to comfort me after being rejected by Gumball.
       I heard footsteps coming closer. The creeped closer to my tree and then stopped seeming to go in another direction. Once I couldnt hear then I let out a breath of relief.
       "Gotcha ya!" I heard then a muted "Fi?"
      I didnt want to move  my hands because me crying a little bit had smudged the make up cake had put on
Me.
     "Go away."
     "Fionna whats wrong?"
     He said as I heard him getting closer to me. I decided to look up.
    "What did Gumball do now?"
    "He said I was good enough to date now. So I got pissed and came out here. I was so mad that I started crying."
    He pulled me next into his arms. "He doesnt even know how many times I wished he would date me. How many times hes made me cry over him. And when I finally get over him he pulls this crap."
    Marshall tilted my chin up and wiped a few tears away with his thumb.
    "Dont listen to a dam thing he says. Youve always be good enough to date. More then that actually and anyone else who says any different is obviously a idiot."
    "Thanks Marshall." I said hugging him.
    He might tease me or make fun of me sometimes but he was always there when I needed him.