Chapter 9

Marshall pov

I was hanging out in the ball room. Gumball had taken Fi aside to talk to her or something. I went over to the snack table and grabbed some strawberries.  I was a little  hungry and might as well while I waited for her to come back. My mind wondered to one of the other balls he had. Back when Fionna was still crushing on Gumball. She was whisked away but when she finally came back her dress was all tattered and the ice queen was slung over her shoulder. There was also a soaked shivering candied prince a little bit behind her.
       I waited for a little bit getting bored and messing with a few of the candy folk before it felt like it was taking to long. I decided to go invisbile and fly into different rooms.  Once I came across the library i saw gumball there rubbing his cheek with a confused and annoyed look on his face.
      Great what had that wad done now. I searched for a little bit heading outside because I had noticed that for some reason whenever fionna was upset she would hide outdoors.
   I headed out to the courtyard. I would check here first then head towards the tree house.
    "Fi?"
    I heard a small noise near the end of courtyard. I could just be the wind ruffling some leaves but I was going to check it anyway. I headed over there and sure enough found Fionna curled up by the base of a tree.
      "Go away."
      "What did gumball do this time."
      "That jerk said im good enough to date now. So I got pissed came out here and ended up crying."
      I set down next to her and pulled her into my arms. I hated seeing her like this.
     "He doesnt know how many times ive cried over him or how many times ive wanted nothing more then for him to date me. And now when I finally get over him im suddenly good enough to date."
     I tilted her chin up so she was looking up at me and wiped away a few of her tears.
     "Fi youve always been good enough to date. Dont listen to any jackass who says other wise."
     "Thank you Marshall."She said hugging me.
      "Lets get you home okay?" She nodded and I picked her up. I started  heading towards the tree house. She seemed content to nuzzle into my arms. I was pissed at gumball for hurting her again but at least she seemed to be calming down a bit.
    We reached the tree house a little to soon. I opened her window and flew in setting her down on her bed. I went to there bathroom and searched around till I found what I was looking for.
     I went back over to Fionna.
    "Here."
    I said as I began to wipe the make up off her face.
    "Marshall what are you doing?"
    "Helping you get this stuff off your face."
    "I can do that myself!" She said turning a cute shade of red. "How do you even know how to do that."
    "I have a mother you know. One that was obessed with doing her makeup."
    She looked a little surprised but it quickly faded.
    "I can still take this off myself." She huffed and tried grabbing for the wipe.
    "But its funner if I do it then I can see you all embarrassed."
    "Marshall........"
    I finished wiping the make up from her face.
    "There, I think you look better without make up personally."
    "Your just saying that." She said smacking me.
    "No honest."
    I was going to turn to leave when I felt Fionna grab my hand.
    "Thanks Marshall for cheering me up."
    "No problem."
    "No really youve always been there for me whenever Gumball broke my heart. So thank you." She said wrapping her arms around me hugging me.
   I was slightly surprised be how genuine she was being. Dammit I could feel my cheeks heating up a little bit. This is only supposed to be the other way around. I returned her hug and kissed her on the forehead.
    "Goodnight Fionna."