ten ;

"Hi-his heart st-stopped?" Alice spoke, barely a whisper, eyes glassy.

They stayed silent, allowing her pleads for him to awaken to echo through the expansive, now dark room. She was aggressively shaking him back and fourth, hands becoming shaky. It hit her. He was actually gone.

"Why is this happening... Why is she waiting? Why doesn't she just take us all out now? Why hasn't she done so?!" Alice screamed, fists clenched, knuckles white.

"She is just trying to have fun with us. She's making us suffer, she's torturing us. We need to escape, we need to find a way out" Ashton spoke.

"But how did she find us? How did she know Lily was helping us, and how did she figure out that the versions of us she killed were fake?"Luke questioned.

Luke had barely spoken, only talking whenever he felt it was convenient. Since the death of Joy, he hasn't managed to talk much, nor smile and be optimistic about the situation they were all in. He would cry every few hours, wishing he didn't go in; wishing he never listened to Michael.

How long have we been in here? He thought.

"Luke, what do you suppose we do?" Michael asked, making Luke snap out of his thoughts.

"I don't know" he sighed, shoving his hands in his pockets.

Up to this day, Luke still felt pain on the areas he was whipped on; the slashes still stinging and inflamed.

They all continued to ponder about the killer, and ways to get out. They were all desperate for food and water. Half of them felt dehydrated and knew they wouldn't be able to last much longer without fluids or solids.

"We really need to find food" Sydney muttered.

Sydney hadn't spoken much either. Since the game of Would You Rather, she was scarred and mortified to make much talk.

"I'm thirsty. I won't be able to last much longer without water" Ashton sighed, massaging his own neck lightly.

"We could always make a break out of here and run to the lake I found" Luke suggested.

"And get killed, yeah alright" Alice spoke sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"If we split up into small groups, but stay together in the groups, she can't find us at the same time" Luke argued.

"That isn't a bad idea" Michael commented, nodding his head.

"How do you suggest we get out?" Sydney asked.

"Windows. The house is filled with windows, why the fuck not just get out? We'll die eventually anyway, so why not try to survive? Besides, we managed to do that once before" Ashton interrupted.

"Let's go. Split into two. Luke and Alice in a group, then Sydney, Michael and I in another" Ashton continued.

"How will we meet back up together?" Luke asked.

"Oh, I didn't think of that. Maybe one group can just leave to get water and some food from plants, while we stay and think up ideas on how to escape" Alice suggested.

"Perfect. Our group will go" Michael spoke.

"Okay..." Sydney mumbled, nervous and anxious. She really didn't want to go ahead with this idea.

They managed to open the window quietly and slowly, swiftly climbing down. If they got caught, they would be shot to the ground. They tried to escape once, but that didn't turn out well.

"See you guys soon. Just find water and food if you can, but get back as soon as possible. Maximum of an hour, alright?" Luke spoke strictly.

The three simultaneously mumbled a quiet 'yes', before heading out the window silently, making their way towards the lake Luke had come across earlier.

"See you guys soon" Alice whispered, half smiling. She was nervous and worried that something could happen to them.

The group of three left, and the other half of them began planning on ways to escape the ridiculous and literal murder house.

"We should make a break for it. Run for a fence, escape" Alice suggested.

"Lily said that there was no way out, we will never make it out, let alone alive either" Luke mumbled.

"I saw a fence while we all split up. We could check it out tomorrow" Alice continued.

The two began discussing on ways to reach the fence, forgetting about how time was going past so quickly.

They heard shuffling and mumbled voices from outside, then realised it would've been the other half of the group.

They quickly climbed back up and into the room, various leaves and plants in their hands, water stored in what looked like plastic packets they would've found on the way there.

"We found something, and it looked like an exit" Sydney whispered.

"An exit?" Luke whispered back, sparks of hope flooding through him.

"We will check it out first thing tomorrow. We need to sleep, then escape. Got it?" Ashton spoke firmly.

"Alright" he mumbled.

They all drank the water, despite it being dirty and full of germs and bacteria; they needed fluids in them, even if it meant it having dirty particles in it.

"That was the most satisfying meal I've had in the past few days" Ashton laughed.

"Probably was" Michael mumbled.

"Goodnight guys. We will get out of here, I promise" Sydney yawned, before lying down on the cold, hard wooden floor.

+

no cliffhanger at the end of this chapter oops

if you like the story, add it to your library if you haven't already, read as i update, vote & comment feedback thanks

love you guys lots,

have a fab day and night aight

xoxo