eleven ;

"Wake up guys" Ashton whispered, waiting for the other group members to rise.

Half of them groaned, eyes widening and they were left gaping. They could see light.

"Why is th-there li-light?!" Michael yelled, jaw dropping.

"It's a goddamn miracle Michael, that's what. Quickly, let's get out, before she finds us!" Luke yelled, getting up and standing on his feet.

They could see. There weren't lights flickering on and off every few hours. There was sunlight. There was actual light.

They quickly climbed out the window, trying their hardest to stay silent.

This is it, we can make it out alive, Luke thought.

We are going to be free, we can get out, we are survivors, Alice thought.

This is actually happening, we can get out, there's light, Sydney thought.

Similar things were going through all their minds, astonished.

They quickly jogged past trees and bushes, noticing red stains attached to the dirt. They shivered, assuming it was the blood of others who entered the forest at some point.

There were plenty of lakes pretty much everywhere, large green trees filling up the majority of the space. There were small cabins everywhere, which looked completely normal, somehow. The water glistened as the sun light reflected on it.

"Hold on" Ashton gaped.

He leaned down, placing a finger and digging it into the patch of blood.

"Ashton, what on earth are you doing?!" Sydney yelled.

He stopped, bringing the finger up towards his eye for inspection.

"It's fresh..." He began, face turning a light pale.

"Do you think that..." Alice began, hands covering her jaw dropped mouth.

"More people came in" Michael whispered.

"You realize we have to save ourselves, not them, right?" Alice began.

"Yes, exactly. Let's go!" Luke yelled, gesturing for the group to follow behind him.

They made a run for the fence, which was roughly a kilometre away, yet somehow within their vision.

We are going to escape, we are going to live, Ashton thought.

I can't believe we are finally seeing light again, Michael thought.

I smell like shit, and I'm super hungry right now, Luke thought.

They all had positive aspects flooding through their minds. They finally reached the fence, realizing it was far too high.

"Come on, let's go" Ashton spoke, gesturing towards the fence.

This is it, we are making it out, Ashton thought.

As soon as his hand collided with the wire fence, he yelled, landing on the ground, body shaking and turning lighter than before.

He got shocked by the fence.

The sunlight disappeared.

A laughter began to become prominent, seeming to come from behind them.

"Thought you were going to escape that easily? You have some new friends now, it's a shame Ashton won't get to meet them" she smirked, clapping her hands in joy.

She is disgusting, she is sick, Luke thought, allowing tears to roll down his cheek.

Ashton was gone.

Ashton, Calum, Joy and Emma. They were all gone.

The rest of the group who were alive were mentally broken and physically weak. They had to deal with watching some of their best friends die from pain and torture.

None of this would have happened if we didn't follow Michael, Luke thought.

My boyfriend would still be alive if we didn't come here, Alice thought.

This is all my fault, Michael thought.

I just want to die, I can't take it anymore, Sydney thought.

It was too much for Sydney.

"Kill me. Go ahead, I can't do this anymore. Have your fun, shoot me" Sydney spoke, forcing her eyes shut.

"Sydney, stop it!" Michael whisper yelled.

"No. Go ahead, kill me!" She yelled.

A shot was heard, as a body collided harshly with the floor.

A cackle was let out.

"That makes two who won't be able to meet the new group" the voice laughed.

I want to beat her up, Luke thought, fists clenched and knuckles turning white.

A light flickered on, revealing a small group of people, who looked around the same age as the remaining of the group.

"H-hi" a boy spoke. He had curly hair, blue eyes and a cut vertically on his cheek.

"Hi" Michael spoke.

"When did you guys get trapped in here?" He asked.

"Not sure. Days ago, almost a week maybe" Alice added in, sniffling.

They saw Sydney's dead body, lying on the floor. Blood was spilling down her sides, her eyes wide open.

One of the unfamiliar girls sighed when she saw Sydney's dead body.

"I remember when I saw Lila lying on the floor like that..." She began.

"Lila?" Michael questioned.

"My friend. She got shot" she continued, hot tears rolling down her cheek.

"I'm so sorry" Luke thoughtfully added.

They were a small group of four, all of them seemed to have been harmed. Some had cuts across their faces, materials tied around wounds.

They must've been a group of eight or something, Michael thought.

"We'll find a way out, I promise" the other boy spoke.

"We hope so" Alice sighed.

The entire group were hurt mentally and physically. They had to see people die, they had to see them pleading for death because they couldn't handle it anymore. They had a spark of hope, praying they would make it out alive. That spark, kept them going.

+

nO ASHTON AND SYDNEY ARE DEAD NOW CRIES

but hey they met four new people

make sure you vote, comment feedback & add this to your library and reading lists if you haven't already

thank you guys for 3.5k, this has only been up for six days and i got so so many reads and votes and comments wow it means a lot to me, thank you guys so much like you don't even understand

have a great day and night, love you all lots

[and i'll just say that atleast one of them will get out alive, hopefully]

xoxo