twelve ;

"Let's play a game of Would You Rather" the voice spoke abruptly, startling the group.

"Fine" one of the new boys spoke, confidently.

Why is he talking like that? Michael thought.

He seems cocky, Alice thought.

"Fine, you're up first" she spoke. The group could feel the smirk rising against her lips.

"Go ahead" he insisted, stepping forward.

Eager, are we? Luke thought.

"Would You Rather... Stab Luke, or stab yourself?" She asked, causing a horrified expression to appear on his and Luke's face.

"I-" he began, jaw dropped.

"Sta-stab L-Luke" he began, hanging his head in shame and disgust.

This is it, this is the end for me, Luke thought.

Luke had been whipped and hurt numerous times. He was fine with dying, he was fine with that. His mental health was terrible, as was his physical health too. He just needed to get out, whether it was out of this world, or out of this forest.

"I'm so sorry" the boy spoke, mere seconds before colliding the sharp blade with Luke's exposed thigh.

I will beat the living shit out of him, Michael thought, hot tears violently rolling down his cheeks.

Luke winced, shrugging. Alice and Michael were crying, realising that they were the only ones in their group left.

"Michael, you're up next" the voice smirked.

Hot tears were rolling down Alice's cheeks, as she watched Luke die a slow and painful death, consisting of blood seeping down his jeans, which had been ripped several times.

"Would You Rather... Stab Alice, or stab John?" She asked.

"Which one is John?" He asked.

A light reflected on the boy who had taken Luke's life, causing a smirk to play on Michael's chapped lips.

"Stab John" he shrugged, hiding the smile that was about to appear on his lips.

The boy looked terrified, which made Michael feel better. His best friend was gone because of him.

John was stabbed, wincing as the blade came out of his thigh.

"This is it" he sighed, shutting his eyes.

Alice and Michael felt satisfaction, watching him die slowly. Time for the other group to see how they felt.

"Enough for today, I'll see you all soon" the voice spoke, before the light flickered off.

The room smelt of metal and blood, reeking. It was too dark, it was too dusty.

They needed a plan, a plan where they could expose her and kill her. After all, she wasn't a ghost. She was real and living.

She must be mental, Michael thought.

Alice and Michael discussed what was going on, coming up with a plan.

They were going to generate fake copies of themselves and escape. Like what Lily did. They just needed to get to the generator, which was outside.

"Tomorrow morning, we run and go for it" Michael whispered.

The other group members were upset, watching their little friend 'John' die. In all honesty, Michael and Alice had no sympathy for them. They witnessed their best friends dying in front of them, one death caused because of their group.

"We're sorry about your friends" a girl interrupted, voice high and innocent.

"Sorry about yours too" Michael spoke, not really meaning it.

"I'm going to sleep. Goodnight" Alice spoke.

Alice and Michael kept some of the weapons they had seen, such as guns, knifes and plenty of bullets. They would be needing them soon, hopefully.

We can do this, Alice thought.

We are the last chance and hope of living, Michael thought.

"Goodnight Alice" Michael sniffled, crying his tears away. The thought of Luke dying made him miserable.

"Goodnight, Michael. We will make it out, I promise" she spoke, kissing his cheek.

+

it is nearing the end of the book

i can't promise you guys that anyone will get out alive but maybe i'm just saying that bc i like teasing oops

remember to vote, comment and add this to your library / reading list if you haven't already

love you guys lots, have a good day or night, xo