fifteen ;

[please read the a/n at the end guys & comment if you want an epilogue]

close to the final chapter !!

Four days had gone by rapidly. Officers found the four other children who were in the forest hung, throats slit. Michael and Alice felt guilty, but didn't think much of it. They were trying to save their own lives.

They both spent three full days in hospital. The pair barely spoke to anyone who asked them questions. It would usually result in them breaking down, falling completely silent, or becoming aggressively violent. The two will have to be taken to an institution to help them recover from the terrible scenario they were faced with.

Officers noticed no dead body in the forest, meaning that she was still out there. They closed off the entire forest, electric fences and wires around the perimeter of the area.

"Michael?" Alice whispered.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"Are you ready?" She questioned.

"Yeah. Are you?" He responded.

"Yeah" she sighed, holding a note in her hands.

Today was the day of their friends funerals. They found all their bodies. Since Luke was only stabbed in the thigh, there was a slight chance of him being able to recover. However, he didn't, and it wasn't much of a surprise.

The pair wore attire which somewhat matched; all black, a white rose visible.

"Michael, let's go" Alice whispered, tears already forming.

They both stood, walking up to the podium. They were nervous, they didn't want to do this. They both just wanted to hide and never come out.

"W-we are gathered here today to... To signify the deaths of... The six most amazing, hilarious, entertaining, loving, caring and honest f-friends I could have ever asked for. They were my world, my everything, and I've lost them. Its like, a mandarin. There are pieces in it, and they all stick together and fit perfectly by just being together. When ones gone, it breaks. Instead of just one, six are gone. But Michael and I are still here. We will make them proud, and we know that they would be happy we made it out. We love them, they love us. Someday, just maybe, our paths will cross, and we will all meet again, like old times. I love them dearly, and I don't know how I'll live without them... They were my sunlight, my happiness, my treasure. They took the pain and sadness out of my life, and now that six of the suns I had are gone... I don't know what I'll do. I'm sorry. I', sorry they didn't make it out alive, but if we could go back in time, i just wish we never entered the forest. I love you guys. I love you six. Forever and always" Alice spoke in between pauses, hot tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I lost six of the most genuine, pure people anyone will ever meet. If it wasn't for me, we wouldn't be here, crying and upset today. It was my idea to enter the forest, and it had to be me who made it out alive. I would do anything to have them back in my life. Alice and I love them more than anyone and anything. We have been friends forever, gone through thick and thin. We always end up back with each other, regardless of arguments and bickering. Alice and I will stay strong, for them. We love you six, we will love you forever. We will meet and our paths will cross in the future, I know it" Michael spoke, eyes glassy and hands shaking.

Everyone gave them sympathetic smiles, slight claps filling the atmosphere. The two walked off, taking a seat.

"Michael?" Alice began.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"I love you. I'm glad we made it out" she spoke.

"I love you too. I'm glad we did too" he sighed.

"But it's not the same without them..." She began.

"I know. But everything will get better, I promise" Michael responded.

They hugged each other, watching as the family members made their speeches. The two knew that they had to make their friends proud. And they would try to.

+

i know this was a little short but yeah this is the final chapter holy shit but if you want an epilogue please do comment

i cried a little while writing their speeches ok bc the music i was listening to in the background made it so much sadder bc it was therapy by atl so yeah omg

if you guys want an epilogue, again, comment it below and also comment feedback on the story! i'll be doing an extreme editing bc i know i wouldn't have written this as well as i probably could've and would've wanted to

love you guys lots, thanks to everyone who stuck around and read this

you guys got me 5k in like a week, wtf? that's amazing wow :-)

if any of you ever feel down, please do pm me bc i would love to try and help you out

xoxo