Prologue

Naeun's POV

I was watching a movie on Neftlix, but then a reminder popped up on my screen, saying that it's almost time for work.

I groggily sat up straightly on my queen sized bed, stretching my arms.

I pulled my cover off my body, groggily walking up to my bathroom to take a shower.

Slipping into my white turtle neck and my black hoodie, I tied my hair up into a ponytail, before parting my bangs, revealing my forehead.

I'm not really fond of fringes or bangs, because I look stupid with them covering my forehead.

Like really stupid.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of my apartment, walking towards the 7-eleven convenient store where I worked at, which is just right at the end of the street.

I pushed the door opened, as my friend Areum greeted me, yawning, since it is 10pm currently, which means my shift has started.

"Naeun-ah, I'll head home first. Bye," she yawned, as I waved my hand at her, bidding goodbye at the sleepy girl.

I was restocking the beverages into the big tall fridge, and that is when I heard the door being pushed opened, as I quickly rushed towards the cashier.

I instantly looked up to the guy in front me, as soon as I saw what's on the counter.

Sanitary pads.

But I somehow ignored it, and scanned the stuff, before saying out the exact amount of money that the guy needs to pay.

He handed me a big amount of money, which totally exceeds the price of a regular pack of sanitary pads.

"Thank you," he smiled at me, as he walked out of the store.

I went back to work, and a few hours has passed, and it is almost 1am now, and my eyelids are getting heavier and heavier from time to time.

I was about to doze off, but then the bells around the doorknob jingled, as I looked up to the entrance and saw a guy with a plain black shirt, and a grey sweatpants walked in.

He walked up to the beverages section, as he grabbed 7 bottles of orange juices and a pack of banana milk.

He put them on the counter, as he fished out his wallet from the pocket of his sweatpants.

I scanned the stuffs with the price scanner, before neatly arranged them in a plastic bag.

"That'll be 11486.48won," I said motionlessly, and the guy handed me 12000won, which exceeds the amount of money that he needs to pay.

"Keep the change," he smiled brightly, and walked out of the store.

But not even for seconds, he came back to me, ruffling my hair,

"Keep up the good work!", he beamed brightly, and left.

I just stared at his vanised figure, as I shook my head lightly.

"Just what the hell is wrong with people nowadays?"

-----------------------------------------------------

After handling the store for 8 hours, it is finally the time for me to go home. I am so tired, that I can't even feel my legs.

It is 6.10am right now, so I decided to walk around the park to get a view of a sunrise.

I crossed my arms against my chest as I shivered at the cold breeze, so I deciced to get myself a hot chocolate drink from the vending machine.

There are some people jogging around the area, while I was wandering around.

I took some pictures of the sunrise, smiling at the sight of the very beautiful scenery in front of me.

I stood by the river, holding onto the bridge, as I closed my eyes, breathing in the fresh morning air, as I let my hair freely dances along the breeze.

"Ah, life is good,"

Out of the blue, someone bumped into me, causing my phone to slip out of my hand, as it fell into the river.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!"

I turned my head to the guy who had just bumped into me, staring at him with my eyes burning with flames of anger.

"Yah! Are you blind??? Look at what you've done! My phone fucking fell into the river!", I scolded the guy as he smiled apologetically, his hand making its way towards his nape.

"I'm sorry,"

Despite his good looks, I still scolded him because my precious phone is gone now.

All because of this blind guy.

"I'll get you a new one,"

I crossed my arms against my chest, as I looked at the guy from head to toe.

He is wearing a plain white shirt, and a black jogger pants, and I had to admit, he is very good looking.

He held out his right hand to me, smiling brightly at me. "Hi!", he beamed brightly.

"I'm Jung Hoseok,"