Chapter 5: Coworker?

Naeun's POV

I instantly snapped my head at Jungkook as I shoved his arm away from my shoulder before standing next to Hoseok.

"No thanks," I refused, smiling at him as I walked towards the balcony, looking up to the pitch black sky that was smeared with the shining stars.

Not long after, Hoseok came, standing next to me, as he looked up to the sky too, smiling at the sight of a beautiful scenery in front of him.

"What are you doing out here?", he asked, as he paid his attention fully to me after fixing his body position.

He had his body leaning against the glass balcony header, and he had a smile on his face.

"I noticed you don't wear make up," he said, as I took a single glance at him, before shifting my attention back to the stars.

"I don't like it, it makes my face feels cakey.", I replied.

"But there are some types of make ups that aren't cakey,"

"Well, I still don't want to wear it.", I spoke, without looking at him.

"My sister doesn't wear too much make up too. To me, she looks better without make up.", he said.

"Good for her she was born pretty, while I don't.", I said, heaving out a sigh.

"Are you crazy?? You are like the most beautiful person I've ever met!", he exclaimed, as I shifted my attention to him.

I was kind of moved to hear his compliment, which brought a smile to my face.

"Bullshit," I chuckled, gazing back on eye-catching view in front of us.

"I'm saying the truth though," he shrugged.

"And one more thing," he paused, as I turned my head to him.

"..you should smile often, your smile is just so captivating."

-----------------------------------------------------

I glanced at the wall hanging on the wall, as it strikes 5, which means my shift is almost over.

I went to the snacks section, restocking the ones that are not much in quantity anymore.

That is when I heard footsteps walking in, heading towards me. A pair of Adidas footwear stopped in front of me, as I looked up to the person who's wearing it.

I was greeted with the usual bright smile that belongs to the person who never gets tired of appearing in front of me no matter how many times I shooed him away.

"Hi!", he beamed brightly, as I ignored his bright greeting, and went back to what I was doing.

"Why are you always here? Don't you have anything to do?", I spoke without sparing glance at him.

"Hm, maybe not. I'm bored, and that explains why I'm here.", he said. "What are you doing? Let me help you—"

"No! I'm almost done here, you can just walk around or sit at the cashier counter.", I said to him.

He went straightly to the cashier counter, and sat in the chair, eyes scanning through the various types of cigarettes displayed on the shelf.

I was done restocking, as I threw the empty boxes into the storeroom, before walking up to Hoseok.

"Why do people smoke? I mean, it has nothing to do with advantages. It harms the smoker instead,"

"I don't know, Hoseok. Don't fucking ask me," I said, sitting right next to him.