Chapter 18: Reconceal

Naeun's POV

I almost managed to run back into my room to avoid seeing those guys.

Almost.

But to no avail, my grandmother noticed me hiding behind the wall, so she asked me to come over and greet those guests.

I slowly walked up to them, and my eyes firstly landed on Hoseok, who had his eyes wide at my presence.

"Naeun-ah,"

"You know my grandaughter?", my grandmother asked them both, and Hoseok nodded eagerly.

"This is the girl that I told you earlier, grandmother. The girl that I love the most,"

"Aigoo, you two really suit each other.", my grandmother chuckled, smiling brightly.

"Come here, have a dinner with us.", grandmother said, as I sat next to Jungkook, and across from Hoseok.

I had my hands on my lap, trying to contain my emotions, and that is when I felt a hand gently grabbed mine, intertwining my fingers with his.

I looked down to our entwined hands, before looking up to Jungkook who had a poker face while eating like nothing happened.

Jungkook is really good at comforting people.

I started eating, pulling my hand out of Jungkook's bigger one, as he flashed me a smile.

We had our dinner in silence, well, it's just them talking but I just keep quiet, not talking to anyone.

Grandmother just left to her room to take a rest, while Jungkook and Yoongi volunteered to do the dishes.

And now it's just me and Hoseok here.

I decided to walk around, and I heard footsteps following me behind. Thinking that it was Hoseok, I heaved out a tired sigh,

"Stop following me,"

I stopped at my track, not turning around to face the person who is currently following me.

I walked again, and the footsteps could be heard again, as I started to panick.

Building up my courage, I turned around, and saw a guy in all black, smirking creepily at me.

He made his way towards me, and caught me in his arms, his hand cupping my mouth, as he whispered into my ear,

"We're going to have so much fun tonight,"

I bite his hand as hard as I can, causing him to release his firm grip on me, as I ran for my dear life.

I was so panicked, and keep turning around to see if the guy is still following me, and I bumped into someone's chest, as I tried to get away from the person, traumatized of what happened earlier.

"Hey, hey! Naeun-ah! Geum Naeun! Hey, it's me!", I heard a very familiar voice and looked up to the person and was greeted with Hoseok's concern face.

I immediately wrapped my arms around him, burrying my face into his chest, as tears started flowing, feeling scared as hell after what occured.

"Hoseok-ah, help me! T-that guy, h-he tried to—"

"Hey, it's fine. I'm here now," he said, hugging me back, pulling me closer into his embrace, gently stroking my hair.

And somehow I find it soothing.

A few minutes later, I have finally stopped crying, and I pulled away, as Hoseok looked down to me with a warm smile plastered on his face.