A day of peace and a visit!

Elijah's eyes slowly opened and he nuzzled the fluffy, softest pillow happily. Ngaire was in class and she caught a glare from Darian's friends who were around the now-cleared seat where Darian used to sit. She glared back at them and they looked away.

Gently, she leaned on an arm and thought about Elijah and what he did for her the previous day. She had realized that he had cared for her more than he let on and she wanted to make up for it.

She made sure to make notes for both Elijah and herself so he could revise for the exams. In her mind, all she could think of was him getting hurt and how much she wanted to protect him yesterday. She blushed slightly at the thought of how warm she felt when he held her close to him.

I always wanted a hug like that...

The bell rang and the teacher dismissed the class with no homework. Ngaire silently cheered and smiled as she quickly made her way to the infirmary. Knocking on the door, a familiar voice came from inside.

"Come in~" Elijah said as he heard the knock. She opened the door and he turned to see a blushing Ngaire standing in the doorway.

"Hey you~ come here~" He teased and she ran over and sat beside him.

"Hey yourself~" She smiled and took his paw and rubbed the back of it gently. He smiled back and tried to get up, but decided against it. The stinging had not gone away and the wounds still hurt like hell. She stroked his smooth scales and smiled. She had always loved the colour of his body. He was more beautiful than any other being she'd ever seen.

"Hey, no getting up okay?" She said worriedly and placed a hand on his back. He nodded and smiled at her assuringly. Nodding, she laid her head on the soft mattress and sighed contently.

"Elijah...I still haven't thanked you for saving my life~" She mused softly and smiled at him. He shook his head and smiled.

"No Ngaire, I did it because...well...I like you, I..." He heard a knock at the door and gave her an apologetic look. She smiled and kissed his forehead and walked to the door.

Once Ngaire opened the door, a pair of sleek black arms hugged her tightly and an older, much sleeker version of Ngaire appeared and looked all over her, fussing over her.

The older panther finally stopped and looked at Elijah happily. She walked over and sat beside him. Her perfume was slightly overwhelming for his nose, but he kept it in.

"Thank you...For saving Ngaire from that dreadful Darian~ I never liked him anyway~" She mused softly and Ngaire glared at her with a stare that would have killed her had she not been used to her daughter's glares.

"MUM! You told me you liked him!" She growled angrily and her mother rushed over and cooed softly to calm her down.

"I just wanted what was best for you dear~" She smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Um, I was just doing what a normal person would do, ma'am, there's really no need to thank me..." He smiled and blushed slightly.

"Hmm, I do approve of you hanging out with Ngaire, so polite and well behaved." She turned to Ngaire and smiled as she saw her blushing as well. "Well, I'll let you two have some alone time, just keep her safe ok?" She smiled at Elijah and giggled softly before leaving the room and closing the door.

Ngaire strolled over slowly and shyly and sat on the seat, looking away from Elijah. He laughed happily and winced as his back hurt. Ngaire giggled and gently kissed his cheek.

"Ngaire, I like you, like, a lot... It may be... bad saying this, but fuck tradition, fuck the rules, I wanna be with you!" He blurted out and blushed a darker shade of blue. She squeaked and hugged his head happily, stroking it gently.

"Elijah...I like you a lot too, and I...I don't think it's bad...its sweet of you to say that~" She murmured softly and giggled. He smiled and leaned in to kiss her cheek before laying back on the bed. Ngaire blushed and took his paw and snuggled into it. Gently, he cupped her cheek and rubbed it gently. 

He dozed off, gazing at her, a while after she had passed out. A gentle shake of Ngaire's shoulder woke her up and she turned to see her father standing behind her. He gently draped his guard's coat around her to keep her warm and she groaned softly.

"Sweetie, we should go soon, it's getting late." He said softly, not wanting to wake Elijah. Ngaire slowly moved away from him and kissed his cheek gently. He groaned softly and his eyes fluttered open.

"N-Ngaire? G-going home?" He asked groggily. She made a soft, sad sound and stroked his head.

"Yeah, I'll be back tomorrow okay? Stay safe...my love~" She said the last part softly so only Elijah could hear. He smiled and reached up to stroke her head.

"You stay safe too...I'll see you tomorrow...my love~" He replied and like her, also said the last part softly. She pointed at the small folder with his notes inside and he nodded gently. She slowly walked away with her father's arm around her waist. At the doorway, she turned back to give Elijah a sad smile and a wave. He gestured to her to smile properly and smiled at her, waving back.

She blushed and gave him the smile he wanted before turning away to follow her father. 

A nurse came in and greeted Elijah and checked on the wound and changed the bandages, much to Elijah's happiness. He sighed contently as he stood on his own two feet, but he wanted to help in Brightmill but these wounds kept him in the infirmary. She held out the medicine: his muscle relaxant and his antibiotics. He downed them one by one even though he hated the bitter taste.

The nurse helped to change the sheets and fluff up the pillow before wiping him down with a warm cloth which he appreciated very much. She instructed him to get back on the bed and to get some more sleep before turning on the radio next to the bed and pet his head gently. He smiled and snuggled into the pillow, closing his eyes and letting the soothing sounds of the radio lead him into his dreams.