Just the two of us

[Sorry for the long wait! >~<  Listen to this song while you read this story

http://youtu.be/YNqPlnJOzok

Nothing else, so, enjoy! :D]

Ngaire awoke in her soft bed, surrounded by soft toys and multiple pillows she used for sleep-fighting practice. She stretched quickly and her tail jolted around under the bed. Slowly, she rolled to the edge of the bed and swung her legs over the side.

The room was dark, but she stood up groggily and opened the dark red curtains a crack and the light streamed in instantly. The light illuminated her walls and motivational posters covered her walls, together with her own drawings.

"KNOCK KNOCK"

She turned to the door and her mum's voice popped in through the wood.

"Sweetie, it's time to wake up~" Juliet half sang through the thin wood.

"I'm awake mum...just barely~" She replied and whispered the last part to herself. Juliet's footsteps trailed away and Ngaire walked over to her cupboard and opened the door with the mirror. She checked herself out and tidied up her hair a little and admired her rugged 'just woke up' look. In her opinion, she looked amazing and she thought Elijah would agree. She might ask him that when she visited him later.

Grabbing her towel and some clothes, she hopped out the door and into the bathroom which was down the corridor.  Once inside, she stripped slowly and turned on the shower. Without thinking, she stepped in and she instantly regretted it. She jumped back out from the icy cold water and all her fur stood on its end as she hissed. After a minute, she stuck a paw in and decided it was warm enough and she stepped into the much safer, and warmer water.

She took her own sweet time as there was no school on Saturdays and she was honestly glad there wasn't. But Elijah was still in the infirmary and she wanted to visit him. She was hopeful she could wear some informal attire to the infirmary to see him.

Finishing her bath, she washed up and hopped happily into her room. She changed quickly and came out of the room in a plain T-shirt and some sleep pants.

Juliet gasped as she saw her daughter in her sleeping outfit and shooed her back in, telling her to wear something nicer.

The younger panther came back out in the same T-shirt with a hoodie on and some proper pants", gesturing to her mother, ask though asking 'Better?'. Juliet nodded and walked down the stairs of their mansion to the dining hall. Ngaire followed suit and remembered to take her favourite book with her.

Their breakfast was usually the same since they all loved the same food. It started with scrambled eggs and bacon, followed by sausages. She sat down and greeted her dad, much to his surprise.

"Someone's up early and excited, huh?" Malcolm said softly, teasing his daughter. She blushed and kept quiet, starting with her breakfast.

"Maybe it's because she's got that new boy, Elijah, to take care of her~" Replied Juliet as her parents both giggled and smiled at Ngaire.

She hid her darker blush and quickly finished her food.

"E-excuse me!" She said and quickly walked to the sofa to sit down to rest and keep her emotions under control.

Elijah had been in her mind for the past few days since the day Darian almost attacked her, but the dragon had saved her in the nick of time.

He was even in some of her dreams and she dared not tell her parents about the variety of dreams he was in, much less the positions.