three: admirer

THREE: admirerlos angeles, 1990's

THREE: admirer
los angeles, 1990's

ROSY THREW a hot cheeto at fourthgrade and let a proud smile spread across her lips when it landed perfectly in his mouth. the boy high fived her as laughs escaped his lips before the two continued to throw food at each other and try to catch it with their mouths.

ruben watched the tv screen as he smoked a cigarette, claiming every here and there how "relaxing" the cancer stick was to him.

meanwhile ray and fuckshit stood behind the glass counter helping customers and trying to convince them to purchase things they didn't need.

it had been a few weeks since the incident at the corner store and none of the skaters had gone back since. in the time that had passed rosy's relationships with the boys had blossomed. she spent a lot of her time partying with fuckshit, talking about life with ray, fucking around with ruben, and falling in love with fourthgrade.

even though, ray was the only one who knew about what rosy was going through at her old home, the rest of the boys figured it was something bad when they came to the shop early one morning and found rosy sprawled out, asleep on one of the couches with fresh bruises covering her body.

the girl had made the dumb mistake to go home and get new clothes, unfortunately for her frank had been waiting for her. after the girl left her house, beaten, ray welcomed her into the shop with open arms, and let the store become her new home. he even bought a small dresser to keep in the back room where the girl could keep her stuff in. the skate shop as well as the people in it has became rosy's new family and she was extremely grateful for them.

"come again!" fuckshit said in a fake preppy voice as a customer left the store. once the store door closed ray punched him making fuckshit roll his eyes. the two then slid over the glass display case and walked over to the
teens on the couch.

"what're you guys tryna do?" ray asked as he sat next to fourthgrade and rosy. the two just shrugged and looked at ruben who payed them no attention and just kept watching the tv screen. fuckshit rolled his eyes before he turned off the tv making ruben glare at him, "what?" he yelled making fuckshit laugh.

"what you tryna do?" fuckshit asked the boy making him just shrug and mutter, "i don't care." ray rolled his eyes before he looked over at fourthgrade who filmed rosy applying lipgloss on herself. when she saw him filming she put her hand over his camera lens as soft giggles left her lips while fourthgrade just admired her with a smile.

"let's go skate!" rosy said with a burst of energy as she stood up and pulled her friend who's hair was now a faded pink up with her. the two grabbed their boards and started making their way out towards the front of the shop with smiles on both of their faces. the rest of the skaters just shrugged before grabbing their own boards and following after the two.