Chapter 49 : Gettin' An Adjustment

Chéri walked towards the makeup room, where Spangna was having her box braids and cyberlox redone. He walked up slowly and waited at the door and listened while he stayed out of sight as he heard Spangna speaking in hushed tones before giggling.

Spangna sat, wearing a bikini and wrapped in a bath towel, holding a romantic novel as the hairdresser did the last braid after a three-hour sitting. She had gone from blue tie in braids to lime green.

Marcel was leant against the wall with his arms folded waiting for the hairdresser to finish. He had the residue of a massive black eye and bad swelling and bruising all around his face. He also had a deep bruise on his cheekbone where his Goggles cut, In when Lennon punched him again, and again in the face.

"You going to give me an adjustment after I get my hair done, Marce?" Spangna asked.

"Of course." Marcel said, "You are still reading romantic fiction, I see."

"Yes. When I love something... I love it for life." Spangna said.

There were a few moments of silence as Spangna stared at him through the mirror.

"Soo, what are you doing tonight then, gorgeous?" Spangna asked.

"Mmm..." Marcel shrugged, "What, am I doing tonight...?" He repeated quietly as he looked up in thought.

Spangna turned around to pout at Marcel, forcing her hair stylish to move with her head, as she continued braiding the last part and checking the tie-in cyberlocks.

"You're a terrible tease! I don't think I want to talk to you if you can't be arsed." Spangna said as she held her book up in front of her face and pretended to read it.

"I do not tease." Marcel said as he started puffing on his vape, "What do you want me to do tonight...?" He added before he shot her a smile, and then pulled his smartphone from his back pocket.

"Do you wanna come have your tea at mine, then?" Spangna asked with a grin.

"If you are not cooking, I may be tempted over." Marcel said as he stepped up behind her and put his hands on her shoulders.

Spangna blushed and looked away, almost shyly, "You're such a twat."

He leant down to her ear and said quietly, "You, are adorable." He said as ran his fingers through her braids, "Why you spend four hundred Euros and spend three hours sitting in a chair to have that done... mystifies me." Marcel said softly.

"It's my brand, and my lifestyle, you lunatic." She said before she smiled and tilted her head, enjoying his running his fingers through her hair, "When do you clock off...?" Spangna asked.

"When I want to. You are not caming today, instead you do events? You finish at six, no?" Marcel asked.

"Yeah." Spangna sighed.

"You now finish at two, and so do I." Marcel said as he patted her shoulders and walked back around in front of her.

Spangna smiled widely. "Marce, can't you just take the whole day off? You have some heavy apologies to make to me..." she said as she patted the side of his face lovingly, "And I reckon it'll take you all afternoon to grovel to my satisfaction."

"Hmm, Interesting..." Marcel said as he perched halfway onto the large makeup table in front of her. "You will be the obsequious one, woman."

"Marce, I'm a native English speaker and I don't know what that means." Spangna said as she snapped one of the straps on his leg harnesses, "But, you can do whatever you bloody like."

"I always do. I will pleasure you, and control you." Marcel said with a slight smile.

"I'll hold you to that! Are you gonna be nice to me? Or be a meanie?" Spangna asked as she tossed her book on the table.