Prologue~Looks Like A Superpowered Sitcom (Part 2)

Raven's black energy bubble dissipates, exposing the six heroes within. Beast Boy shivers while Edgar is visibly clenching his jaw. Something about her felt off but he wasn't going to judge her by it. So far, she seemed harmless. Doesn't mean he wouldn't keep his guard up.

"That dark energy stuff gives me the-" Beast Boy stops himself when he notices Raven's eyes on him. He smiles broadly and gives her two thumbs up nervously. "Uh, I mean; it's cool!" Beast Boy quickly corrects himself. Edgar scoffs and shakes his head.

"Nice save, dork." Edgar chuckles, knocking his left shoulder into Beast Boy which makes the green skinned boy stumble forward.

"We have to get to the firing controls." Robin urges quietly as he steps out from the space the teens were hiding in. "There isn't much time." Alien chick steps out after him, followed by Edgar, then Beast Boy and Sparky. Edgar stops when he doesn't hear Raven follow and turns to see her hanging back. He didn't really know how to feel about her just yet... but he felt... bad? Sympathetic, at least. He knew what it was like to be seen as pure evil.

"Mind telling me why you're always by yourself?" Sparky asks her curiously.

"You heard the kid. I don't exactly fit in." Raven replies. Edgar rolls his eyes.

"I don't think any of us "fit in"." Edgar inputs, walking over as well. Sparky nods in agreement, resting a gentle hand on Raven's shoulder.

"Beast Boy's green, Edgar is red, half of me is metal, and she's from space. You fit in just fine." Sparky reassures. Edgar gasps and looks down at himself before glaring at Sparky.

"How dare you! I'm firetruck red. You uncultured swine!" Edgar huffs jokingly, earning a shove from Sparky.

"Shut up." Sparky grumbles before they both smile at Raven.

"You comin'?" Edgar invites and Raven nods, allowing the two to steer her after the others. When they regroup with the others, Robin and alien chick are doing googoo eyes at each other. "Oh, brother." Edgar complains under his breath with a roll of his eyes.

"Uh, guys?" Beast Boy interrupts, startling both out of their staring. "I think they know we're here." He points past the lovebirds at some charging Gordanian.

"Oh yeah," Edgar purrs, fire blazing from his open palms, up his arms, until he starts blasting every alien that comes his way. The rest of the group watch in shocked silence as each Gordanian is taken care of in a matter of minutes. When the carnage is over and done with, Edgar slowly comes back to his senses and notices the lack of noise from his comrades. He turns around and finds them staring at him with wide eyes and slack jaws. "What?" Edgar asks casually with a raised eyebrow. The teens blink before shaking themselves out of their stupor.

"That was messed up dude." Beast Boy comments. Edgar blinks, looking around at the downed aliens before making eye contact with the others.

"Oh. I'm sorry." Edgar apologizes, downcast. "I should've saved some for you." Edgar laments. Everyone stares at him again.

"There's no time for this. Lets keep moving." Robin orders, taking charge and leading the group on.

They reach a large steel door. There's a muffled voice that they recognize as Trogaar, the leader of the lizard aliens.

"The earth scum shall learn it takes more than six juvenile heroes to defy the mighty Lord Trogaar!" Trogaar boasts. Robin gives Edgar a nod and the red skinned meta grins maliciously as he aims his hands at the metal door. Edgar's hands alight with fire before he lets loose a large blast, the door getting blown inward with incredible force and a large cloud of smoke.