Chapter 2~Family Reunion

Sorry for the long wait for this update but I'm getting it now. I wanted to dedicate this chapter to lunarladie for helping me brainstorm ideas and thank them for the support. Thanks a bunch!

Sat in a Ferris wheel's car, is Robin and Starfire. She watches the fireworks show with complete awe and sighs blissfully.

"Beautiful," She sighs, turning her gaze to Robin, the pyrotechnics highlighting their faces with their beautiful colors, "tell me again what they are called." 

"Fireworks." He answers simply, smiling at her as she goes back to staring at them in wonder. 

"On my home planet, such explosions would mean the Gordanians were attacking. You are certain Earth is not under attack?" She asks, turning to look at him in concern. 

Robin chuckles, "Positive. Cotton Candy?" 

Starfire stares at the offered pink fluffy stuff distrustfully. "The last time I ate a ball of cotton, it was white. And it did not taste very—"

"This is different." He pulls off a wad and pops it into his mouth. Cautiously, she follows suit and realizes it is indeed different from the cotton ball. 

She hums in delight before gasping in surprise, "It vanished!" He chuckles at her reaction.

"Yeah, it'll do that." 

Starfire sighs again, "When I first came to this planet, I did not think I would ever fit in. Earth was full of strange things. But now, I see that—" 

The loud cacophony of fireworks cuts her off. 

"Here comes the finale! Yes!" Robin cheers, leaning forward with interest. Starfire turns away and stares as the display in the sky has turned into a fusillade of redoubled intensity. "Whoo~! Amazing!" 

"Earth is full of amazing things too." Starfire murmurs, staring, her expression of awe now directed at him. 

"Best planet I've ever been to." 

An octopus shaped craft sweeps past the Ferris wheel and yanks Starfire from her seat in its tentacles; she is carried screaming into the sky. 

"STARFIRE!!!" 

🔥🔥🔥 Line Break 🔥🔥🔥

Beast Boy runs off with a giant stuffed chicken toy, towards Raven who is watching him and Cy play carnival booth games. Edgar was at Cyborg's side, a black hoodie on and the hood pulled up to hide his horns but it couldn't hide his glowing gold orbs. 

"Told you we'd win you a prize." Beast Boy says as he approaches her, handing her the chicken. She accepts it and stares with an unamused frown.

"A giant chicken. I must be the luckiest girl in the world." She comments dryly. Edgar looks over at her and looks back at the booth, scanning the stuffed toys before his eyes find the many stuffed cutesy octopuses. He latches onto Cyborg's right arm with his hands, tugging him to the booth of a dart game, pointing at the octopuses. 

"Cy! Cy! Win me one please please please please PLEASE!!!" He begs, tugging his arm. Cy pushes at his hands, frowning slightly. 

"C'mon, man, you're gonna scratch the merchandise!" He huffs, gesturing to the robotic parts of his arm. Ed pouts at him. 

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND CY, I NEED IT!!!" Edgar shouts loudly, jumping up and latching onto Cy's shoulders so he can screech in Cyborg's face. 

"Alright, alright, I'll get it for you so calm down." He huffs, reaching up and grabbing Edgar by the hips before depositing him onto the table top of the booth as he calls the woman manning it over. She walks over, looking between the two in shocked awe. "Hi, how much to play?"