Chapter 4~Thunder (and Lightning) Buddy (ies)

While a thunderstorm is heard outside Titan's Tower, Beast Boy, as a buffalo, is straining mightily at a rubber band looped over his horns, trying to catch it on a nearby hook. He succeeds and ducks away, coming up in human form with a mischievous smile on his face. He produces a large, pink, filled water balloon that sloshes a bit in his hands. 

"This is gonna be so sweet!" He chuckles mischievously.

"What are you doing?" Raven asks from behind him.Surprised by her sudden appearance, he lets go of the balloon and completely freaks out as he tries desperately to make a safe catch. Finally, he gets hold of it and turns around to face her. "Please tell me this isn't another ridiculous prank."

He grins, "Okay. It's not a ridiculous prank. It's a brilliant one!" He laughs and she rolls her eyes wearily. "All right, check it out. 'Member how Cyborg put red dye in my shampoo and I turned brown for two days? Well, sister, it's payback time." 

"Not your sister." 

"I give you...the Beast Boy Insta-Lube 9000!"He gestures at the hook, the balloon and rubber band, and finally, the rope that triggers it.

"I have to insist you rethink that name." Raven sighs dryly but BB ignores her as if she didn't say anything and continues. 

"See, when Chrome-Dome steps around the corner, his foot tugs the string. The string trips the lever…" he points at the lever, "the lever releases the mother of all rubber bands," He runs his hand carefully on the rubber band, "which sends a balloon, load of motor oil flying right at him, and" He curls his hands into fists before pushing them out and wiggling his fingers, "BOOSH! Pretty clever, huh?" He raises a brow at her with a smirk that shows off his lower fang.

"You're a genius." Raven sighs sarcastically.

"It's just a little good clean dirty fun." He chuckles before quieting when he hears a door open down the hall. "Here he comes." He ducks away only to come back a moment later when he sees Raven didn't join him and whisks her away. 

"I don't think—" She starts but is cut off by Beast Boy shushing her. "But what if—" He shushes her again. 

There's a long pause before a new voice whispers from behind them, "Why are we whispering?" The green prankster shushes the new voice before freezing. His eyes instantly go as wide as saucers upon realizing that his target is nowhere near ground zero.

He whirls around to find Cyborg hunched down behind both of them. "Cyborg?! You can't be Cyborg!" BB whisper-shouts, his eyes wide with fear. 

"I can't?" Cy asks, smirking. 

Beast Boy points at him, then into the hall, "If you're you, then who's...?" Footsteps echo out in the hall as all three look out.

"We got ice cream cones, and watched a movie. I'm telling you Star, Soleil is awesome! Like, totally groovy to the max." Edgar finishes as he and Starfire round the corner.

"She does sound like she induces the feeling of awe. Perhaps you should introduce us to your girlfriend." Star replies, smiling at him. He flushes and looks off to the side.

"She's not exactly my girlfriend, I mean, shes nice, and pretty, and I like her but…" He trails off and smiles back at Starfire. "I don't know if she's the one just yet." 

Star tilts her head as she continues to float beside him, "The one? What is the one?" 

"You know, as in 'the one for me', uhh, my 'soulmate', stuff like that." He explains awkwardly, coughing into his hand when she continues to stare at him. He avoids her gaze. "A-anyways— huh?" Edgar pauses as his foot catches the trip wire, and the string is pulled taut, the lever moves, and the hook starts to pull away from the rubber band. "What the—?" He has enough time to murmur before the balloon is released as Beast Boy jumps out in a frantic attempt to stop it.