Drinking in the bar

Breakfast for us involved getting drunk at the bar as we had pint glasses but still my dad always seems to drink me under the table every time.

"You want me to have them put that in a sippy cup for you?" Dad said as some beer dropped down my chin as I slammed the pint glass on the bar.

"How is it that I can breathe underwater but you can still drink under the table?" I asked as I tapped him on his back.

"That's my superpower." Dad said and I chuckled as more beer got placed on the bar for us as I thanked the bar tender.

"Late last night by high tech pirates. The same pirate who are suspected in connection with the disappearance of the Navy's highly classified prototype stealth submarine." The news man said on the tv. "And in further development, we now have unconfirmed reports that the meta-human dubbed by social media 'Aqua-Woman' was responsible for this daring rescue...." Dad was looking at me.

"It's not me." I said to him but I knew I was lying and he knew it as well.

"Oh shit. You're doing it aren't you? Hah? What Vulko trained you to do even though he didn't like you doing it. I knew you couldn't stand on the sidelines forever even if he asked you not to be involved in it." Dad said and I looked to him for that. Yes, Vulko asked me not to get involved with anything dangerous...I just couldn't help myself. "Your mother always knew you were special."

"Don't even start." I begged him, not wanting to hear anything else about Atlantis.

"She believed you'd be the one to unite our two worlds." Dad said and now I was begging him to stop.

"Please, stop." I asked him as he leaned closer to me.

"Whatever Atlantis's problems are, you're bigger than them." Dad said and I sighed.

"Atlantis murdered my mother." I said to him even though he wanted to deny it. I wanted to as well but I knew it was true from what Vulko said all those years ago.

"You don't know that for sure." He said and I couldn't see how mum could have survived.

"Yes, I do. They killed her for loving you and having me. And you know it." I said to him as I drank some beer.

"Amy, one day you're going to have to stop blaming yourself, just like Vulko told you not too." Dad said and I looked to him for that point when I heard chairs scrapping as I drank my beer.

I was tapped on the shoulder. "Hey, babe." I took my beer away from my mouth at that. "Are you that fish girl from the TV?"

"Oh, Great." Dad said and I knew this could be really good...or really bad. I just hope it doesn't end in a bar fight.

I looked to dad and he looked to me with the same look as I turned around to see four biker guys as I stood up with my black vest and black leather biker vest on as I stood eye to eye with him.

"It's fish lady. What do you want?" I asked him as he had a bandanna around his head, beard and brown eyes as he was bold. I even saw a tattoo on his arm.

"I'll tell you what I want." He said and he then went to his pocket and then took out a pink phone and I looked to him confused. "Can I get a picture with you?" He asked me.

"You're like a local hero, babe." The other biker said with a bigger beard that was longer and a black winter hat on, he had a chain around his neck and a denim jacket.

"It would mean a lot. Just..quick." The other said back to me.

I saw dad out the corner of my eye enjoying this. I scratched my temple. "Whatever." I said to that one.

"Alright, let's do this." The biker said as he was going to place his arm around my shoulders.

"Don't touch me." I said to him as he retracted his arm.

"That's right. That's exactly right. I'd want to go down here." The man said as he held up his phone as the others joined the picture as the other man placed his arm around my shoulders and I didn't like men touching around my shoulders or anywhere on my body. "Everybody smile." He said and I didn't.

He took a few and it led up to further mischief as we all had a drink and a laugh as we had pictures taken of me spitting out my beer and an arm wrestle as dad was there enjoying it as well. I knew we were going to spend all day in the bar.