Heading the Deserter Kingdom

The whale took us to the beaches of the Sahara as we swam out of the whales mouth and swam towards the shore coming to the sand beneath our feet as the warmth cane down upon us.

I headed for the plane and asked for a favour off the pilot who seemed to recognise me and gave us a lift as we set off as Mera looked nervous being this high up but also curious about the chicken and I smiled to that.

"This plane isn't a passenger one, hence we get paid in pirate treasure."

"Thanks for the ride buddy." I said handing the treasure over to the pilot as I walked to Mera.

"Oh, my god..." Mera said holding her stomach.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned sitting opposite her.

"I've never been so high up." Mera said to me and I nodded in complete understanding. "We're so far from home."

"At least you have a home." I said to her on that one.

"Not anymore." Mera said to me an I looked to her. "I can never go back. I betrayed everything when I saved you from the coliseum."

"Yeah, But your engaged to the king. They have to take you back." I informed remembering my mother.

"Atlantis has many wonderful things. But forgiving does not." Mera said and I nodded remembering what happened when Atlantis found out about me.

"But you're royalty." I informed her. Surely her father wouldn't allow her to be executed...right?

"So was your mother. If I go back now, I would be sacrificed to the trench. Even my own father wouldn't take me back." Mera said and that was harsh.

"Well, you know, look at the bright side. Now you don't have to marry someone that you're not in love with." I said to that one.

"My obligation isn't a love. This is my family and my nation, and I've turned my back on both." Mera said to that one. I'd only marry out of love. There's no good life if you haven't. "Sometimes we have to do what's right, even if our heart aches against it." She said and that's what I totally understand especially when you can't have feelings for the ones you love.

"I understand." I whispered and she looked to me and smiled sadly and I smiled to her lightly. I guess were in the same boat as each other.

........

In a ship, the Atlantean's were picking up a tracker signal as the looked. "Your highness. The tracking outs Princess Mera here, in the deserter kingdom."

"You said she was dead." Nereus said to Orm who looked.

"Apparently not." Orm said to Nereus.

"Does your sister still lives as well?" Nereus asked him.

"Not for long." Orm said to him. "Captain Murk, assemble a strike force immediately."

"No! Mera is to be arrested and safely returned to me." Nereus commanded to him sternly.

"She betrayed the throne." Orm said to him sternly.

"She's the a daughter of Xebel. If any harm befalls her, our coalition is over." Nereus said to him.

"Your highness. We are now entering the waters of the Fisherman kingdom. Securing the alliance of the other two kingdoms should be our immediate concern." Vulko said trying to get their minds off of Amy and Mera as they are trying to complete the mission.

"My vizier is correct as usual." Orm said with a slight smile as he looked to Vulko dead on. "Arrest them and bring back King Nereus's daughter unharmed." Orm informed as Captain Murk went as Orm watched from the window.

....

I was boiling as my head laid against the window as Mera got a signal.

"We're here." Mera said and I looked to her.

"Hey, is there anything nearby?" I asked the pilot.

"Nothing but desserts for hundred of Ks, mate." The pilot said to that one so whys Mera saying we're here?

"There's nothing but desserts..."

"He's wrong!" Mera informed me opening the door and I looked with disbelief.

"Hey! What are you doing?" The pilot asked and I wanted to ask the same due to she's insane at the moment.

"Mera, wait, wait!" I shouted when Mera jumped out of the plane without a parachute. Absolutely insane she is.

"No!"

"What the...?" I questioned as I watched Mera go down.

"She just jumped without a parachute." The pilot said and I know that I just saw it myself.

"Redheads, you got to love 'em...especially brown heads." I said and smirked as I jumped out and screamed in joy as I headed for the sand. Never mentioning this crazy stunt to Vulko. He'd kill me, literally or lock me up somewhere.

I followed Mera as we went plummeting. "Ah!" I shouted and crashed into the sand with pain as I rolled on the hot sand. Ow. As I came to a stop, I sat up, getting my bearings and the sand out of my eyes as I looked towards Mera and laughed as she sat up coughing.

"Oh you're crazier than I thought. Worse than Vulko." I informed to her as I got sand off me.

"A-ha." Mera said following beeping. "This way." She went and I groaned, getting up as I followed her.

"Are we going to mention that crazy stunt any time soon to anyone?" I asked out of curiosity as she looked to me.

"No. My father would then kill me." Mera said and we chuckled in agreement. "Just like Vulko would go with you."

"You've got that right." I said and we laughed as we walked. Definitely crazy the both of us but she is definitely becoming my best friend.