Deserter Kingdom

"One of the tribes of Atlantis broke off and settled here when the region was still an inland sea. When the water dried up, they perished along with it." Mera informed me.

"Perished? Yeah, that's perfect." I informed as we're headed for a dead kingdom with no one around for miles.

"We're getting close now." Mera informed.

"Oh, yeah? Close to what?" I questioned as we've been walking for a while. "Dying of thirst?"

"I'm close enough to punch you in the face." Mera threatened and I grinned.

"Look, fight club, I know you're new on how things work up here. But why don't you look around, we are lost. You see that over there. What is that? Nada. This places a waste land." I informed her as nothing was around.

"You're the one who calls this 'wasteland' a home." Mera said to me. The surface was my home. It's the only place I've known, I might get to go in the sea but people want me dead.

"This isn't my home. It's not like the whole surface looks like this." I informed her as I walked.

"Oh, no. Of course not. You've also got disgusting cities with sewers emptying out into our ocean and whole mountains made out of trash, and...Oh you've got great factories that do nothing but belch out filth and melt ice."

"Okay, okay! Okay, point taken. Listen." I said coming in front of her. "Yeah, we've got some idiots running the show. But we got good things too, alright? We got green forest and big mountains, and beautiful lakes. You'd love them. There are like little baby oceans." I informed her.

"Are you trying to provoke me?" Mera asked. What have I said?

"I'm saying you cannot judge a place before you even see it." I informed her because not all Earth was bad. We all have our issues not just the surface but the seas as well. That's why we have to work together to make it better.

"You judged Atlantis on far less." Mera said and that's because they executed my mother.

I groaned to her with frustration. "No, no, no. Will you just stop it with that? No." I said slapping the device from her hand. "Your stupid Atlantean GPS just told you to jump out of an airplane over the middle of the desert. And now we are stranded." I said and then I screamed as I fell below the sand down a tunnel.

Mera watched as she sighed. "If you are the next true queen we're doomed as well as Vulko." Mera said and jumped into the hole after her as the sand belched.

...

I shouted as we went sliding and I was having a laugh as I came shooting out and screamed as I grabbed onto the ledge as I knew Mera would be next. Honestly, I was swallowed by sand?

Mera came down the tunnel as she went over rib cages as the sand led her down as she was shot out screaming as I grabbed a hold of her arm and swung her up as I climbed up next and laughed as Mera looked a little annoyed.

"That was awesome." I said with a grin. I had to get Vulko to do that next time. He'd probably kill me for it but it would be totally worth it as I looked down the deep drop. "Oh, look what I've found." I pointed out.

She snapped her head to me and I knew that got to her. "What you've found?" Mera asked me.

"Yeah." I said to her with a smirk.

"Your winding me up, aren't you?" Mera asked and I shot her a smirk as I kicked a boulder out of out way to clear a path for us as we went down. "You are unbelievable you are, you know that?"

"Yeah. But check this place out." I said to her with a smirk, as I looked in awe. "This is badass!" I shouted with joy.

"This is the hall of armoury where the legend says Atlan's trident was forged." Mera said and I saw the trident shape rock.