- 2 -

IF SOMEONE WERE TO ASK JESSICA ARLYNN WHAT HER FAVOURITE SEASON WAS, a few years ago, she would answer summer without any hesitation

IF SOMEONE WERE TO ASK JESSICA ARLYNN WHAT HER FAVOURITE SEASON WAS, a few years ago, she would answer summer without any hesitation. Now though, after having lived in the state of Queensland in Australia for almost a year, she concluded that her favourite season varied upon location. In Australia, summer was unbearable to her. The sun seemed more forceful and often left her skin red even though she applied layers after layers with both sunscreen and cooling charms. 

Her skin was used to the colder climate of Ireland and Great Britain where she had spent most of her twenty-one years alive.

She was now returning to that climate - or similar at least. The only downside to the return to Europe was that it was in the middle of winter as it was the end of February. Going from summer to winter in a matter of seconds did not excite the young woman but the thought of seeing new species of dragons up close made it worth the harsh transition. 

She didn't have much time to think of the transition as she was made to grab the portkey that would take her and three of her colleagues and friends, to Romania. 

The push, pull, and constant spinning was not something she enjoyed but she was happy that she didn't need to spend several hours trapped in an airplane. The uncomfortable feeling only lasted a few seconds and that alone would always make her choose to use a portkey over the muggle alternative. 

As the small group landed in the designated area, Jess caught the other female of the group before she could fall on the ground. Jess had traveled with portkey many times before and was used to it even though it would never cease to get uncomfortable. Rosemary was the youngest of the group and had never used a portkey before in her life so she was fairly unsteady. 

   "Blimey", she groaned loudly making others chuckle around them but Rosemary didn't seem bothered with it at least. 

Jess turned her attention to the other persons present and took note of how cold it was. They had landed outside a snow-covered village. There were three people she didn't recognize in front of them. A tall woman with grey hair and slightly wrinkled face looked on the newcomers in amusement. Flanking her on each side was a burly looking man and a petite but yet, broad-shouldered, woman. They were all smiling slightly. 

"Welcome to Romania", the woman in the middle said. She had a thick Scandinavian accent, Jess noticed right away. "I'm Sigrud Malmfors but everyone calls me Siggy", she introduced herself and all four of the newcomers immediately knew who she was. The head of the Sanctuary that they all had been exchanging letters with over the last few weeks. 

   "This is Amelia and Dan Rees, they will take you to your lodging and will show you around tomorrow morning", she explained briefly.