- 9 -

A SURPRISE GREETED CHARLIE EARLY IN THE MORNING

A SURPRISE GREETED CHARLIE EARLY IN THE MORNING. He was irritated, to say the least after hearing an insistent knocking from his front door. To end the loud noise and possibly yell at the person interrupting his sleep, he went up to the door and swung it wide open. He was ready to insult the person responsible for the ruckus but paused himself when he stared at his older brother. 

   "What in Merlin's beard are you doing here Billy-boy?" 

   "Good morning, Bill. I'm so happy to see you, Bill. Would you like to come inside and have a spot of tea, Bill?" The taller Weasley said in a mocking tone. 

   "I would be happier if you had come an hour later". 

   "It's ten"

   "I had a late night", Charlie said in a grumpy tone but took a step back, gesturing for his brother to come in. He was very curious as to why Bill had bothered to come all the way to Romania. He was usually busy with work or his family in Britain.

   "Had a date did you?" Bill snickered and followed Charlie inside, closing the door behind them. 

   "Something like that", Charlie yawned and went to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast and tea for Bill. And coffee of course. 

   "What's her name?" 

   "Mira", Charlie answered shortly and looked over his shoulder at Bill who started to make himself right at home - starting to help Charlie assemble a breakfast.

Bill narrowed his eyes at Charlie as if he was trying to figure something out. "A one-time thing?" 

   "I see her almost every day", Charlie supplied. He wondered how long it would take for him to figure out he was talking about a dragon. 

   "How long have you seen her?" 

   "Since before Christmas", Charlie said as he prepared his coffee. 

   "And you didn't tell any of us about her?" Bill sounded betrayed. The two of them had always been closest with each other among the Weasley clan growing up and since they left the Burrow only a few years apart, they always stayed in close contact over the years. Charlie had been the first to know of Bill's engagement to Fleur. Charlie had been the best man at Bill's wedding. He was also the godfather of his children. 

   "I didn't think any of you would be interested", Charlie shrugged his shoulders and couldn't hold himself from laughing at his brother who had just dropped his jaw in disbelief. 

   "Wouldn't be interested?! Mum will explode in happiness when she hears the news!"

Charlie laughed harder and shook his head violently. "No, no, no - quite the opposite".