- 4 -

JESS WAS USED TO MEETING NEW PEOPLE BOTH IN THE MUGGLE AND WIZARDING WORLD

JESS WAS USED TO MEETING NEW PEOPLE BOTH IN THE MUGGLE AND WIZARDING WORLD. Her mother was a witch, but her father and half-brother were both muggles and since her mother had decided to further her career within the muggle world, her mother was the only witch she had really known until she started Hogwarts. Her father's work made the whole family travel a lot throughout the world - mostly Europe though. 

Jess never really minded that since she enjoyed her time meeting new and exciting people. The sanctuary in Romania didn't disappoint so far. It not only housed dragons from all over the world. It housed people from all over the world as well. The people she had now met were Siggy from Sweden, Amelia was from New York and her husband Dan, from a small town in Canada. Then there was Charlie Weasley. 

He was from England and from a rather famous family at that. Ginny had been a very popular girl at school, even if she liked it or not. Her quidditch talents alone made people talk about her, but then she was also the girlfriend of Harry Potter and close friend with a lot of people fighting in the last battle against Voldemort. Jess had looked up to the girl during her first school year, and then when she started to play for the team that Jess and her mother rooted for, her respect for the woman grew even more. 

They had even been to a few games of hers during the years before. 

Jess immediately decided that Charlie was someone she liked because he seemed to have an easy time laughing, even at himself. 

Jess was walking alongside Rikin and behind Amelia as she was showing them to the enclosures where some of the dragons were kept that needed some extra attention, like if they were injured or had a form of illness. They had all been equipped with protective gear.

Rikin suddenly put an arm around her shoulders, which Jess didn't mind. He often did that when he was about to start a conversation just between the two. Jess looked up at him briefly to see that he was smirking as if he knew something she did not. This made her weary but also curious. He was up to something and she didn't know if she would enjoy it or not. 

   "Spit it out", she demanded after deciding that she wanted to know regardless. 

   "I love you."

   "I know, tell me something I don't know", she said and playfully batted her eyelashes at him.

   "I love you, so don't kill me when I tell you this"

   "I make no promises, Kobir", she used his last name to make it a point that she did not like where he was going. 

   "I think Charlie has a crush on you", he whispered quickly and sidestepped away from her and then rushed forward a few steps to join Rosemary and Jeremy who were speaking with Amelia. Jess thought for a moment to send a jinx his way but that would be too dramatic and rather unneccessary. 

She was about to see different kind of dragons up close and he wanted to talk about men who had crushes on her. She did not have to know that information at all, and especially right now. Rikin turned his head back and gave her a wink. She stuck her tongue out toward him in response. She would have her revenge eventually. 

Rikin thought he knew stuff just because he was a Ravenclaw. That was what Jess told herself time and time again, but he was somehow always right on most things, especially about when someone had a crush on her. It had happened numerous times since fifth year when boys started to see her in a different light. 

She never noticed if someone looked at her a specific way, or when someone flirted with her. Rikin could spot it miles away and would always warn her. The first few times she had just shrugged it off as Rikin being, "Ridiculous Rikin". But then the boy he had pointed out a few days prior, would always come forward and ask her out on a date. She would always turn them down. Some more gently than others, because she soon learned that some boys would not take a no for an answer and would try again. 

Rikin would call her oblivious every time she was caught off guard by someone asking her out. And maybe she was. 

Most teens would enjoy and explore the topic of sex out of lust and curiosity, but Jess was not like the majority and Rikin would often ask if she was asexual or if she preferred women like he preferred men. It almost sounded to her like he thought there was something wrong with her, but he assured her that there was nothing wrong with being asexual, just a little bit different. 

But she wasn't asexual. She did not find talking about sex repulsing but not exciting either. She just didn't understand why it was so easy for Rikin to just snog one boy one week, and the next he would date someone else. She never thought she could do that. 

Then Rover Green, a fellow Slytherin caught her attention at the end of sixth year. He was the captain and keeper of the house team. They had spent some time together working on a Herbology project and discovered how witty and funny he truly was. He made her laugh until she literally fell out of a chair during class time, making professor Longbottom give both her and Rover, detention for disrupting his class. 

That detention, Rover asked her out and she found herself saying yes because she genuinely liked him. One date turned into another, and then one more before he asked her to be his girlfriend a week before summer break would start. Jess found herself more and more attracted to Rover as they spent time together and she started to understand why people wanted to kiss each other and why they wanted to enjoy each other's bodies in the most intimate way possible. 

Rikin then came to the conclusion that she was demisexual, meaning that she could not get attracted to anyone unless she had an emotional connection to the person. 

Jessica looked behind her, just in case Charlie happened to be there, but she knew that Dan and Charlie had gone to do some work for Siggy in the office about a mission, so she wasn't surprised as she found no one was walking behind her. If Charlie was crushing on her, he was going to be disappointed, because she wasn't attracted to him in the slightest. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

AN: Thank you for once again voting, following and commenting. 

The song is "The Calculation". 

The song doesn't really have anything to do with the chapter, but please enjoy. 

I hope you're enjoying it so far. Take a look at some of my other books. 

Love,

Cancan