- 5 -

TWO WEEKS HAD PASSED SINCE THE NEWEST RECRUITS OF THE SANCTUARY ARRIVED

TWO WEEKS HAD PASSED SINCE THE NEWEST RECRUITS OF THE SANCTUARY ARRIVED. Charlie was both disappointed and relieved that he was not assigned to show them the ropes. Amelia was in charge there and by her reports, all four of them seemed to fit right in. They all had some experience from their time at the Opaleye reserve. Amelia did however also report that she thought that Jeremy acted like a know-it-all and would question everything she told him to do, before doing it. If that Jeremy wouldn't stop acting the way he currently was, Amelia might explode soon, especially since Dan had not been there to anchor her down as he did with his calm nature. 

Dan and Charlie had been outside of Romania for almost two weeks, helping some Aurors from the British Ministry with a case involving four dragons that had been spotted close to one of the bigger cities in Southern Germany. The British ministry was called in since the dragons had been captured by poachers in Wales and the reserve in Wales had recently lost some of their dragons. The situation had calmed down even though it had taken them a while to decide what to do with the dragons if the Romanian Sanctuary could take one or two since the Wales reserve seemed to be at their limits of how many dragons they could safely keep. 

It had become a problem over the last few decades that breeding dragons was thought of as being a good idea since all parts of the dragon could be used by a wizard or witch. Dragonsblood, dragon heartstring, their scales, horns, venom - the list could go on for a while of all the ways the beasts could be used. So dragons were valuable, but also a hard to control. The only way to truly protect dragons was to create a safe environment on the various dragon reserves across the world, but as the illegal breeding still continued, the reserves started to get overcrowded and it was harder to keep them all safe. 

Charlie, Dan, and Amelia exited the small office of Siggy, were they had filled her in on the details of the past weeks. Siggy already knew quite a bit of the information that Charlie and Dan shared about their mission, but still wanted to hear it come from their mouths as they might have some information that the Aurors missed. She also wanted to know how the new recruits were doing as well since she was still hoping that she would be able to hire them full time if they wanted to stay longer than the weeks they had been alotted. 

   "I need to send this letter", Charlie said and waved a letter he had already prepared as the Rees' had been starting to walk in the direction of their houses. "Have a good night, I'll see you tomorrow at the enclosures", he added as he walked backward in the direction of the little owlery. 

   "Good night", both of the Rees' said and continued on in their direction, hands entwined and smiling, while Charlie turned around fully in the direction of his intended destination.

Charlie was surprised to see someone else in the owlery since it was getting pretty late. He was even more surprised that the person was Jessica Arlynn. She had her messy curls tied up in an even messier bun at her neck, her face was dirty from soot and ashes, and she looked a little sweaty.